Zack and Wiki : Quest For Barbaros' Treasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zack and Wiki : Quest For Barbaros' Treasure

Arrived today and have 30 mins or so so far.

Utterly charming, the graphic style reminds me a lot of the great tombi
    16x9 and 480p for the more graphics orientated among you.
    point and click style adventure all with the wii remote, wont spoil any of the puzzles so far but they have been fun (specially liked the umbrella one)

As it's the start of the game the puzzles are really spelt out for you and i'm hoping the hand holding goes away on the second or third level as it is pretty intrusive but that might be because i'm on the first stage.

hardly enough play to say whether it's good or not but it has started promisingly and i look forward to giving it more time (not that i have any spare with the games deluge)

I got this too (yesterday) and only had a quick load up to see what the fuss is about.

Not doing anything for me at the moment. Controls seem a bit clumsy and not really intuitive. May get use to it.

Characters seems pretty annoying too.

Yes, I'm in a bad mood

Comment

Got my copy today from VG+ and managed to fit in the first two levels in between some serious Metriod Prime 3 actions.

So far its looking very promising indeed, the 2 levels so far have been piss easy with lots of hand holding but im sure it will get mental in a few levels time.

Graphics are amazing, looks very hand drawn and cartoon like and the sounds are excellent too.

Score so far = 7.235/10

Comment

I went through the first world of this tonight and loved it. The game just drips with Capcom quality and this really is a perfect example of how to make a Wii game. The control could only be done on the Wii (at least not without massive compromises) , and the anime inspired visuals are brilliantly designed, animated, and realised.

Capcom remain one of the best developers in the world, and I think it's great to see them embracing the Wii so brilliantly despite many other developers still serving it up tepid ports of unoriginal games from other systems.

Comment

I've played the first 6 stages of this so far, its really Good!

Each Stage is a puzzle to get to a treasure chest, I won't bore you too much with the in and outs of how a point and click works, but this does differ because it 1 arena/stage at a time instead of an ongoing adventure.

Obviously the unique feature of this (other than it being a Japanese developed point and click) is that you use the wii remote to manipulate objects in the game ; twisting to turn a key in a lock or simply rotating an object to place the correct way up.

Wiki accompanies you as you move around the stages, his main purpose is that shaking the remote causes him to turn into a bell which can dispel curses from chests and turn enemies into specific items.

You get scored on how well/quickly/efficiently you solve a particular task within a game. You are unlikely to get everything in the correct order,so there is a fair be of replayability to be had on each stage as you try to get the highest rating "unpuzzleable". The stages can be completed without doing certain tasks, so you may unintentionally miss one you can scour the stage again to find what you had missed.
          There was one specific puzzle where I was putting an enemy to sleep, doing some other tasks before he woke up then putting him back to sleep again. On completion of the level I realised I missed something somewhere, so I returned and realised I could use Wiki to turn the sleeping enemy into an inanimate object free of the time constraint of him waking up and eating me!

The visuals are sublime, they look incredible, like a living breathing videogame cartoon, the only sad thing is that it isn't HD! The script is witty and amusing , I'm really looking forward to playing this some more and getting onto some bigger meatier stages.
          In my opinion this is an essential Wii purchase and I urge everyone to get it.

Comment

I've got this coming in the post but I'm debating as to whether to hold it back for Xmas day? I always like a sort of laid-back adventure kind of game to play over Xmas, would this fit the bill do you think?

Comment

Mr Sockochris! Definitely would be a perfect xmas day kinda game! I was thinking this myself while watching it being played

Now if only I could get Boris off it so I can solve a few puzzles myself (instead of shouting across the room "throw this! use that!") :P

Comment

It all sounds good. Is it a big game?

Shame I'll have to wait until next year for this.

Comment

Well I've played the game for just over 3 hours and I've retreived 4 out of the 16 objects needed to finish the game (as far as I know) the levels are getting a bit more complex as I go along, so I imagine there will be some lengthier ones later (some of the early ones took like 10 minutes to perfect).

Most the the logetivity is going to be in getting the best rank on each level though, I tried the same one like 10 times in a row and I still can't do it, although this is mostly down to the Wiimote's not very accurate shake sensor.

There are some hidden simple rhythm game sections which the wiimote doesn't handle very well and requires a somewhat overly accurate movement to perform correctly, this has been the only let down so far.

Comment

the first music one, was a capcom treat though...

Comment

One of the things that no one has touched on, it has a proper story with proper characters and even a nice typically japanese intro.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
                        I've got this coming in the post but I'm debating as to whether to hold it back for Xmas day? I always like a sort of laid-back adventure kind of game to play over Xmas, would this fit the bill do you think?
                        If xmas matters that much to you I guess, but I wouldn't wait personally. This game is far too good to leave it collecting dust in a cupboard! It's pure Capcom gold and I really hope lots of people are picking it up now. If it's overlooked.. well, a crime against gaming will have been committed.

Comment

So far , this is for the Wii what Phoenix Wright was for the DS

Comment

hardly anyone will play this

and that makes me die inside a little.

Comment

This thread is making me remember how few people imported a Wii.
                              Nintendo=Insta import

Comment

Working...
                              X