Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get another remote them m8 and then you can circle em for her

Comment

I have just read about that, might give that a go. The only problem with that though is that I might end up feeling like her bitch, who does all the hard work just for her to steal the glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
        Picked this up yesterday with the idea that our lass can play it as well as she is getting into videogames in a big way. From the little I have played it screams high quality, however, it's the sort of game I cannot watch other people play as it's too frustrating. Watching them stumble about not work out simple puzzles drives me insane. This is why I am here now and Katy is downstairs playing the game.
        If you watched me play the game you might actually explode as I am thick as **** in figuring out the puzzles (though damn it feels good when you do!)

Comment

I've been playing this a fair bit over the last few days and I'd say it's probably the best 3rd party game for the Wii. I'm not big on these kind of games but it's so well presented (reminds a hell of a lot of One Piece) and the Wii contros are really well implemented. I get the feeling that hearing Zackuuuuu! will get tiresome later on in the game but at the moment it still manages to raise a big grin.

Comment

Pretty sure I'm reaching the final stages of the game now. What amazes me is that it's yet to take a significant dip in quality. Great ideas are never recycled too much, and never out stay their welcome. Things are always mixed up with utterly inspired ideas and wondrous visual touches.

I've just done the level aboard the airship, and while progress was a tad trial and error, making your escape was a delight...and oddly reminded me of a level in Powerstone 2. Just did a level involving paintings, and that was also a joy. Brought to mind many of my favourite games.

While it's frustrating at times, it's visual genius and charm are winning the day. Comes close to Galaxy as the stand-out Wii game if you ask me.

Epic.

Comment

I'm just on the airship level ATM. It's the first level where there is a significant amount of trial and error but it isn't grating yet.

I've managed to blow up the door but thought I might surprise one of the goons by rocking up in the lift when he was on his own after turning the engines off.... nope.

Perhaps hiding on the shimmy pipe under the ship will allow me to get him.

Comment

There's a wonderful selection of praise here, and i'm pleased to be finally able to share mine... I was instantly won by the beautiful - wind waker ish - visuals but i'm even more amazed by how polished it all is and how well thought out the puzzles are. The controls work perfectly and the very japanese charm just spills through every scene, every joke. I love it and I havent stopped smiling... not once. Even the sense of frustration is rewarding because the answers are always there, they are there to be sought, thought out and solved... And my goodness some have had me scratching my head.

I really am in love with this wonderful game... Very well done Capcom indeed. Now! Back to it Zack!
                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

This is a great game in parts. I think it's fair to say it is a p&c adventure, albeit without dialogue trees. The real crime this game commits is indecency. The constant dying I could almost bear, if it wasn't for the fact it is actually possible to ruin puzzles by taking actions in the wrong order.

Some of the levels are also too long for the dying to be forgivable. Just got to the final level and I'm stumped at the first hurdle (got past that, now stuck on the second). When you keep having to return to the beginning, it makes it unbareable.

This could have been excellent if it wasn't for the numerous annoyances. I suggest any sequel should bear the hallmarks of a lucasarts title: no deaths, no unsolveable situations.

Comment

I haven't gone back to that Final Level since I almost finished the game a week after it was released I just can't be bothered.

Comment

I know, I'm tempted to do the same!

The puzzles are excellent and the mechanics are even better than some Ninty games, I just wish they'd been a bit more forgiving. Cheaper tickets would have been a good start!

Comment

Since it's already been bumped today, it's probably worth mentioning for those of you in the J-Wii camp that this is going for £12 over at Play-Asia in their sale.

Comment

Working...
                        X