No announcement yet.

Watches:What are you wearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh! Good one, much nicer having a metal case.

I'd agree with the assumption with the serial number though.

Comment

I’ve joined this threads ‘Casio Royale’ club, courtesy of the kids Father’s Day present.

Amazon Prime for £14.99.

Mine is the plastic case, rather than the metal, and I also had to have some links removed due to having feminine sized wrists.

Now, when does my first mission start?

Comment

Well done SG, hope yours lasts longer than mine - though I did get a couple of years from it.

Quite liked the look of a watch Marin Cilic was wearing at Wimbledon last year but couldn't find out his sponsor or what it was, luckily found out via French Open this year, turns out they are Capri Watch. Got burned with a Tag a number of years ago but might get something more premium in the next year or so and quite like the look of these and Seiko.

Comment

Cheers A.

My daily watch (outside of work) is a G-Shock, so this one feels considerably less robust compared to that. I try to take good care of all my watches, but this new Casio, with the build quality of it, feels like it would fall apart with the least provocation.

Yesterday I spotted a G-Shock G-Lide in a jewellers that was half price. It’s not a new model, in fact I think it’s a few years old at least. I’m pretty certain it’s brand new, so I’m a bit flummoxed as to why it’s taken so long to sell it, tho’ admittedly the colourway is a bit unusual. Deliberating on picking it up on Tuesday ...

I’m currently doing a bit of research into premium watches myself at the moment too. It’s a big birthday for me in August and the wife is going to treat me to a nice watch. The Junghans Meister Chronoscope has caught my eye, but it’s still early days yet.

Comment

When not wearing your watch, where is it kept?

I’ve got some in their original boxes, and some strewn in a draw.

Was thinking of buying a dedicated watch case, which some appear to be quite cheap on ‘the bay’.

Not that I have any expensive watches to display, more a case of keeping things nice and tidy.

Comment

I'm terrible for just leaving my watch lying around. I don't even know where it is currently...

Comment

I’m currently rocking a pair of Rolex. Submariner Date. I have the “standard” black model as well as the green “Hulk” model. I’ve been being a bit of a dick about them and referencing the Green & Black’s chocolate brand, because I thought it smart at the time. Decent watches, but highly common nowadays.

My long-time friend has a COMEX Rolex that I would very much like to buy from him. It’s a 1983 model, but he says he won’t part with it for less than £225,000. Considering that it cost him £600 new, I’m a little apprehensive, but I may get drunk enough to bring it home one night. We’ll see.

Outside of that, I’ve got my eye on a “Snoopy” Omega. I’d be very pleased to get me one of those. Again we’ll see.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                  When not wearing your watch, where is it kept?

I’ve got some in their original boxes, and some strewn in a draw.

Was thinking of buying a dedicated watch case, which some appear to be quite cheap on ‘the bay’.

Not that I have any expensive watches to display, more a case of keeping things nice and tidy.
                  On a spinner. It’s part and parcel of owning an expensive piece. To leave such an item alone on a shelf just adds to the overly-expensive maintenance costs. You have to fool them into thinking they are on your wrist the entire time.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    I’m currently rocking a pair of Rolex. Submariner Date. I have the “standard” black model as well as the green “Hulk” model. I’ve been being a bit of a dick about them and referencing the Green & Black’s chocolate brand, because I thought it smart at the time. Decent watches, but highly common nowadays.

My long-time friend has a COMEX Rolex that I would very much like to buy from him. It’s a 1983 model, but he says he won’t part with it for less than £225,000. Considering that it cost him £600 new, I’m a little apprehensive, but I may get drunk enough to bring it home one night. We’ll see.

Outside of that, I’ve got my eye on a “Snoopy” Omega. I’d be very pleased to get me one of those. Again we’ll see.
                    Prices on this have gone mental of late
                    Last edited by huxley; 29-11-2020, 23:39.

Comment

I haven't treated myself to anything nice (or paid myself for that matter) for coming up on two years since starting the new business. So today I thought it was about time I should get myself something for all the hard work I've put in and bought myself an Omega Speedmaster '57 Co-Axial Chronograph. Haven't bought a new watch in probably 10-15 years, so very excited for it to arrive. Due on Wednesday I think, just waiting on the shipping confirmation.

Last edited by Colin; 26-10-2020, 20:35.

Comment

Congrats. You must be doing well in the beer business!

I love that we have gone from a casio to that in 8 posts!

Comment

Beer has been a lifesaver for many!

Comment

Beautiful watch Colin.

Bought myself a Seiko SARB033 from Amazon Japan around March this year as a small momento for leaving my old job.

Nothing fancy but feels good on the wrist and not expensive enough to feel the need to baby.

Comment

My daily beater is a Bell and Ross BR03 black ceramic
                              (Can’t upload picture)
                              Last edited by huxley; 10-11-2020, 09:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                I haven't treated myself to anything nice (or paid myself for that matter) for coming up on two years since starting the new business. So today I thought it was about time I should get myself something for all the hard work I've put in and bought myself an Omega Speedmaster '57 Co-Axial Chronograph. Haven't bought a new watch in probably 10-15 years, so very excited for it to arrive. Due on Wednesday I think, just waiting on the shipping confirmation.

That is bloody lovely mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X