Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Beautiful watch Colin.

Bought myself a Seiko SARB033 from Amazon Japan around March this year as a small momento for leaving my old job.

Nothing fancy but feels good on the wrist and not expensive enough to feel the need to baby.

Very nice too, is that the brown or grey dial version?

Comment

Black dial on this one, wasn't aware of brown or grey variants!

Comment

I think the black dial was the right choice personally Oliver.

The Omega turned in to a bit of a **** show. I bought it from Ernest Jones while they were doing a special offer. The RRP was £7140, they had reduced it to £6k (As many retailers had) but on the weekend I bought it there was an additional 15% off offer which I swooped on, paying £5100 for the watch which I was delighted with. A week goes by and the watch doesn't arrive. Then another week. Then they cancelled my order saying the watch wasn't available even though they'd taken my money for it. I was NOT a happy man. A few days later the watch appears on the site again, this time at the full retail of £7140, and I was raging. Now they've pulled it from the site again. An absolute joke for such a big chain.

So I'm back on the search again, currently I'm looking at the Breitling AVI 765, as I now can't bring myself to buy the Speedmaster '57 for anything more than the price I should've gotten it for had EJ not been a bunch of arseholes.

Comment

Don't blame you, that's well out of order.

Comment

That sucks [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] and I’d be exactly the same as you. I’d have gone for the breitling as first choice anyway though

Not tempted to find the extra £23,000 for the limited edition platinum one?

Comment

I've never been a fan of Breitling to be honest as their watches can be a bit OTT, but that 765 is pretty refined!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                I've never been a fan of Breitling to be honest as their watches can be a bit OTT, but that 765 is pretty refined!
                Some of the more classic models are stunning to behold, the trouble with Breitling is their limited editions... which seem to be all of them at the moment,

Took a pic of my Bell & Ross (sub for size)

Comment

Lovely Sub, don't think I could pull off the B&R though!

The saga of treating myself has dragged on for a few weeks with a few failed purchases, (never speak to a Rolex AD!) but in the end I kind of fell in love with the new Tag Chrono's aesthetically. I know they aren't the best brand for retained value as I owned a couple of Kirium's in the noughties, but I'm not buying this to sell. 3-5 days delivery for some reason from Goldsmiths, this is what I've gone for -

Comment

Like these new G-Shocks.
                    The new G-SQUAD series features built-in GPS and five sensors including an optical heart rate monitor. This is the latest piece in the G-SHOCK Sports line up.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      Lovely Sub, don't think I could pull off the B&R though!

The saga of treating myself has dragged on for a few weeks with a few failed purchases, (never speak to a Rolex AD!) but in the end I kind of fell in love with the new Tag Chrono's aesthetically. I know they aren't the best brand for retained value as I owned a couple of Kirium's in the noughties, but I'm not buying this to sell. 3-5 days delivery for some reason from Goldsmiths, this is what I've gone for -

I know what you mean about Rolex ADs, they are always defensive and cagey. I guess the stock trickle must be a pain in the arse for them.
                      If you are on the south coast, Watches of Switzerland (speak with Tom).
                      That Tag is a nice looking watch. Had you considered the Omega moon watch? Similar in design with an amazing heritage.
                      Discover the elegant style of the Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional steel watch (Ref. 311.30.42.30.01.005), and buy it online on the official OMEGA® Website! Take advantage of the full, certified OMEGA® experience for your online purchase and enjoy the performances and authentic style of this timepiece.
                      Last edited by huxley; 05-12-2020, 22:53.

Comment

I did, my only issue with most Speedmasters is the black bezel which I really dislike. That was the reason I initially went for the ‘57 as it was stainless steel. Tag will be here Monday, looking forward to wearing a watch again, it’s been over a decade!

Comment

Enjoy it. It’s a classy looking piece. Congratulations on your purchase.

Comment

Arrived today, really happy with it. Just need to go to the jewellers tomorrow and have a couple of links taken out of the bracelet.

Comment

Nice. I like the plain bezel, reminds me of the 36mm explorer.

Comment

I have a Fitbit Versa and I've never been happy with it because it doesn't track my fitness like a fitness tracker should.
                                Every run I take it comes up shorter than the actual distance when compared to what Strava or even an online route planner says, which is a bit demotivating when you're a fatty and trying to get in shape.

Biggest disappointment was that it was a gift last Christmas from my Wife, Mom and Mother-in-law and despite my efforts to get it to work, it never properly tracks the route.

Comment

Working...
                                X