F-Zero GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-Zero GX

This will be arriving on our doorsteps very shortly, so an official thread is now needed. Ive ordered mine from Goblin, Im hoping it will arrive for next Monday. Im looking forward to this one, so far initial impressions are positive which bodes well.

Post all your impressions and thoughts on F-Zero here.

I'm quite hyped up for this one, but I really should spend some time with Kirby\ Dino Crisis 3\ KoTOR. Keeping track of this thread will no doubt lead me to buying the game in about 2 hours, but at least you can see that I'm trying.

Comment

My thoughts:

Damn you all with your frickin' Jap copies, its just plain elitist, w@nkers, I have to wait for the US copy!!

(Now if only my Jap cube hadn't been ruined by some tosser and now only plays US games)!

Comment

As i said in the other thread im only going to be buying this title if it has a fair bit of english in. If its just all in japanese then it will ruin the experience for me. When someone has a copy of it can they post here whether it is very japanese text heavy as i will either order one or wait for the US versh.

Cheers,

Mike.

Comment

Kingmike

The text in F Zero GX's menus is mostly Katakana - English words written in Japanese phonetics. You have a week till the game comes out (you can learn it in less than that)

Comment

I am, what can only be described as "totally jazzed" about this game, I loved F-Zero X, I hate combat in driving games that don't involve Mario, F-zero is quite literally the daddeh of all the WipeUps ExtremeCheese and such like.

I'll burst into song in a minute:

### Nobody does it better ###

First proper Sega/Nintendo colaboration, it is seriously going to the nuts, beyond all nuts that have gone before it.

###Baby baby, your the best......###

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
              Kingmike

The text in F Zero GX's menus is mostly Katakana - English words written in Japanese phonetics. You have a week till the game comes out (you can learn it in less than that)
              Meh im lazy

Comment

22 blocks of memory - damn it! I need to go get a new memory card now

I can't wait - Goblin did the business on delivering Joe quickly, so I'm hoping the same for F-Zero - so very, very fast...

Comment

Safe, if nobody else is - I'm going to start claiming heads.

James McCloud
                  Jack Levin
                  Biorex
                  Super Arrow (cos he looks like Captain Blue! *but Red and MORE camp!* )
                  Leon (borderline Starwolf)

Are MINE! - Hands off, or you will be cursed!

You lot can have Mr EAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                    You lot can have Mr EAD.
                    Whenever I see that, I think of a talking horse....

I've been playing through the 2nd game again in anticipation. Damn, I'm smooth now. Not necessarily fast though
                    Hope the controls are as good.

Comment

Beleive it or not, this will be my first F-Zero game. The sense of speed and level design have blown me away in countless videos - I cannot wait! What's all this talk of companies in Japan already having the game? In another thread people were mentioning that their copies have shipped? I have never ordered stuff from Play-asia, what delivery option should I use and will I be liable to customs?

Cheers,

Waz

Comment

Not too bad then... I'll just have to remember all the sodding katakana instead

No doubt I might rely on you Saur to squeeze a few translation bits to help with the review

Oh and I grab Goroh cos I've had him since the first game came out
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Get back - I have the keys to Twin Norrita down! Told.

Comment

Anyone know if you have a character then a ship, and what about the Custom Ships, cos my custom ship is basically going to redefine videogaming, oh wait wasn't that Enter the Matrix

Comment

Found this katakana character list, should prove helpful.

Comment

Working...
                              X