Blade Runner PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Runner PC

Going to be getting my first PC soon and was wondering if its still possible to play old PC games on modern PC's, such as Blade Runner. I know this game exisits and that i want to play it, but beyond that i know as much as usual, ie nothing Be gratefull if you could tell me about what sort of game it is and if its any good etc any info would be great
    Cheers!

It's a point n click style game and its a stunning game at that. I daren't say more as I might spoil it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
      Going to be getting my first PC soon and was wondering if its still possible to play old PC games on modern PC's, such as Blade Runner.
      Windows 95 based games (such as Blade Runner, which does work on XP) are relatively easy to get work on Windows XP / Vista. DOS games, in the other hand, are practically impossible without using DOS-emulator, such as DosBox.

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
      Be gratefull if you could tell me about what sort of game it is and if its any good etc any info would be great
      It is a point' n' click adventure game that spans four CD-Roms. You control bladerunner Ray McCoy, who has been assigned to retire group of replicants. Game is very faithful for the original book and movie, and capture its feel perfectly. What makes Blade Runner rather innovative game in its genre, is that game actually has thirteen different endings. What path game takes is decided by players actions, and sometimes it can little hard to understand what action actually activated the path. Game is considered landmark title in the genre, and its also woefully undervalued game, that flopped pretty badly when it was released.

Screenshots (some minor spoilers)
      Last edited by elkatas; 21-11-2007, 16:42.

Comment

That was a great game. Pity the PC's of the time weren't really up to running it properly. It used a combination of stuff including voxels to render the game world which the CPU's of the day found tough going.
        I'd imagine it'll be a treat to play now.

One piece of advice. Do a full install of the game. It takes a while but trims down load times.

Comment

Cheers chaps, that sounds really great, in fact thats got me more excited than many new games i read about. Cant wait!

Comment

Great game, many novel gameplay elements:

-testing people using Voig-Kampff
            -checking photos for clues

Music and feeling of this game is superb. In fact I think I will install it now ^^

Comment

It truely was a beautiful game. All this talk makes me want to play it now too, shame I'm on a bloody mac these days

Hope you enjoy it mate!

Comment

The reasons why I play games is to be immersed in atmosphere, and Blade Runner has it in spades. I bloody loved Blad Runner back in the day but the last time I looked at it was over 4 years ago when I got my, at the time, new laptoop.

It worked on my XP Laptop so it should be cool on yours...

Comment

This was a great game, but it was somewhat less than it was hyped to be. The hype said that anyone could be a replicant or human, while in reality only a few of the characters changed between plays. At least some did change though, which gave it more replay value than most point and clickers.

Excellent game though, I remember putting up with it chugging along on my old system with only 16MB RAM. It was disk thrash city, but it was still amazing.

Comment

Hmm, I've always wanted to check this game out, and this thread has only made me more keen to!

Comment

My Brother completed this quite a few times. He says it's the best point'n'click adventure he's ever played.

The original release was on around 8 cds, I think. I know a dvd version came out.

Comment

Yep, great game. It played like a dog on my PC at the time though. If you want to get a 'real' win98 system, then just use something like vmware player or Virtual PC

Comment

I loved this so much If you're used to playing Lucas point n clicks though beware, you can die in this one!

On my last install I got annoyed as my last save was somewhere where no matter which way I went I got deaded

Comment

There is a good site with some info here

*warning* there are some spoilers

Comment

Just thought I'd say that if anyone is having trouble with serious graphical corruption when running the game on Vista just alt-tab out and back into the game. I spent ages searching for a workaround only to find that out by mistake.

Also I read on a website that the developer's cut option in the game menu actually cuts out a lot of dialogue that's not related to the story so you might want to skip that option the first time through.

Comment

Working...
                              X