No announcement yet.

Starting/returning to WoW? Get your trial key here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My advice is to start a few characters off at once until you fully decide what to 'be'. It won't be until you start earning talent points at every level that your character will develop down one of three talent 'trees', or perhaps a hybrid of two.

Just make sure you're Horde or you'll regret it.

Comment

Horde okay, I'll remember that!

Getting my new Q6600 tomorrow so I'll get stuck into this straight away!

How big is the download for this? As my internet is playing silly buggers right now so might take ages to download too!

Comment

All four WoW CDs, plus all four TBC CDs, plus the patches comes in at about... 8GB. Yeah, not nice.

Comment

Jeez oh, and you need to download that whole lot before you can play?

If my internet is as it should be, wouldn't take an hour, but as its going right now, could take a few days!

Can you buy you get a free trial cd's in the shops or anything?

Comment

I'm not sure to be honest, I haven't seen anything... but then I don't go in shops!

If you weren't right at the other end of the country I'd glady give you a lend of my external HDD (Which has all of the discs in ISO format (Install with Daemon Tools) as well as the patch executables to bring it up to 2.3.2).

Comment

Ach well! I'll wait n see how my internet is performing tomorrow, hopefully I can get my PC up and running before work at 5pm, if the mailman comes on time, then I can leave it downloading and be playing by 10pm when I'm home! HOPEFULLY!!

So can we like join each other and play together and gang up on people n stuff like that?

Comment

If you want to do any kind of world PvP (Which is PvP that exists within the standard world gameplay as opposed to pre-organised Arena or Battleground matches) then I'd suggest rolling on a PvP server as, as long as you're in contested areas, anything's fair game (On PvE servers you need to activate yourself for PvP and can only attack people that are flagged the same).

I don't think world PvP is that popular at the moment though, which is a shame because I'm sure I'd enjoy that. I just can't motivate myself for the BG/Arena stuff.

I have Horde characters on Ghostlands same as Mr Fallows but I've recently rerolled a Druid on Dunemaul, which is a PvP realm. I'm not sure I'll continue playing it to be honest though, I'm still struggling to motivate myself for the game.

Comment

The future isn't looking very bright for me on Ghostlands tbh, the only Restoration Druids I can find for a 2v2 team are either poorly geared + well played, or well geared + poorly played.

I'm tempted to start again on a PvP realm (already have a lvl17 Warlock on Al'Akir) but I'm afraid the exact same will happen again there: grind loads of PvP, get to 70, get my gear from battlegrounds, then end up with no partner for 2v2.

Comment

I actually signed on with Neassa last night and noticed you looking for a Resto Druid. Poor balance when that's the only healer spec that you'd consider.

Comment

Well what places do you recommend I do to then so we can play together once I get geared up and good enough? PC is up and running so I'm off to download this now!

Comment

Servers to download this on are messed up, won't go any faster than 100kb/s. And keeps dipping way below that anyway!

Not gonna have it on for 24 hours downloading when I want to play it now!

I'll need to go to shops n just buy it! Hopefully I'll like it!

Comment

The servers have been acting crap lately since the last patch for some reason, I've been getting latency of up to and over 500ms... totally game breaking in some cases.

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                          I actually signed on with Neassa last night and noticed you looking for a Resto Druid. Poor balance when that's the only healer spec that you'd consider.
                          The battlegroup is so under-populated that to get anywhere above a 2000 rating (and given access to the season3 shoulders) you are forced to go along with one of the 'cookie cutter' party setups. A holy paladin or discipline priest could work above 2k but that would be one immense task. Druid's spirit + travelform ftw.

Hooked up with a total drop-out of a team for some practice, ended up taking their rating from 1330 to 1509 in one 3hr sitting ._o
                          Last edited by dataDave; 16-01-2008, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                            Well what places do you recommend I do to then so we can play together once I get geared up and good enough? PC is up and running so I'm off to download this now!
                            I wouldn't recommend myself as a potential levelling partner to be honest. Even when I am 'into' the game I have a horrible habit of either really throwing myself into levelling or just not playing at all. I'm very unreliable on these games.

Best bet is to install it and choose one of the recommended realms (Usually means they're of lower population) and find your way like that. Meet people as you go along etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                              Best bet is to install it and choose one of the recommended realms (Usually means they're of lower population) and find your way like that. Meet people as you go along etc...
                              IF however you think you're gonna get hardcore at PvP (this can be taken at a casual pace once you get geared at lvl70, 10 arena matches per week required before you earn points, about 1 hours play) I'd recommend finding a PvP realm that says either Full or Locked... Al'Akir mate, you can't go wrong

My biggest regret is not starting on a matured PvP realm.

Comment

I'd agree actually that you're best starting on a PvP realm, purely because that's the only way that leaves your options open. Should you want to migrate your character(s) to PvE only in the future you can, same isn't true for moving in the reverse direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X