No announcement yet.

Starting/returning to WoW? Get your trial key here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, I'm installed and patched and ready to choose a realm, and you guys are telling me to choose PvP as the best, and if I get bored of that, I can change to PvE at a later time anyway?!

Comment

They're fundamentally the same, just remember that you can get ganked on a PvP realm.

They have the ability to migrate a character (At a cost), but you can't move to a PvP realm from a PvE realm (For obvious reasons) so it makes sense while you're trying it out at least to start out on PvP. Unless you're 100% positive that you aren't interested in it.

Comment

Al'Akir!!!!

Add me to friends... 'Radj'

Comment

Uch too late I joined one already, I just checked the name now and it seems its called Mulgore!? I cant see a place called Al'Akir! Or am I getting it wrong somehow?

I'm level 4 the now, and its a bit weird, not sure what I think of it, I've went a big bull guy, Tauren or something and I'm a warrior!

Just sticking with it to see. It is good though.

Comment

Tauren Warrior, good choice.

I usually hate it when people say this to me about games (They're fun and should be awesome INSTANTLY!) but give it some time. Most of the characters don't really mature until at least level 20, when they'll get a signature move for their class. My Druid (Tauren as well, on Dunemaul) is at level 16 at the moment and I'm struggling to motivate myself, but I know that'll change if I can push the next four levels and get my kitty!

Oh, and you can have characters on multiple realms. Nine per realm. That's a ****load of alts right there.

Comment

Cool! But once your in a realm thats you, you can't change that character to a different one? I can't see the name Dunemaul or Al'Akir, compared to Mulgore the one I'm in, am I thinking of something different then?

I don't really want to start making tons of characters but would like to join a realm with other people so when I'm high enough, we can roll together!

Comment

Rossco

Warriors are a tough class to get into, they can be incredibly boring (slow leveling) up til about 40 in my opinion. So if you dont like it dont give up! just reroll another character

Favorite classes so far are,

Warlock
                Shadow Priest (again slow til 40)
                Druid
                Mage

Comment

Oh and if your below 10 in the levels id change server to one where people are you know. Wont take you long to get back to where you were and this game is 100 times more fun playing with people than it is soloing

Comment

Oh I was in Ghostlands already, which was the one fallows told me to join originally, I think that Mulgore place I was talking about was just the village I was in.

So I tried to add you Fallows, ( Radj ) but didnt work, I take it you need to be in the same realm? But I can't see that Al'Akir one in the list when i change realm, but I can see Dunemaul!

Whats your name Number 45 and I'll add ya too!

I'm gonna stick with warrior the now n see how it goes, I've made a Tauren Druid so I can always use that if I get bored!

Wait, I see Al'Akir now, cause its full it was at the bottom of the list I think! So I need to create a new guy and join that one then, I take it you've left Ghostlands then if you want me to join Al'Akir?

I think I might just go a Tauren Druid this time for it.
                    Last edited by Rossco; 18-01-2008, 14:20.

Comment

On Dunemaul I have Turawk (16 Druid) and Rhokkan (7 Mage). Neassa on Ghostlands (54 Priest). I have far too many to list (Including a 60 Mage on Ghostlands... who's just too ugly for me to play as).

Comment

Which server is everyone ? I've just reinstalled this as well and wouldn't mind getting back in to it.

Comment

Looks like we're splattered all over the place!

There's too many realms on WoW.

Comment

Yeah man, its a bit much, but between us we have a few on Al'Akir and Dunemaul so pick one of those and we can kick ass together!

I wont be on tonight though, pure hooked on CoD4 again but maybe Sunday afternoon for a big long session to try n catch up with you guys.

Comment

If you're looking for people that play during the day at weekends, then I'd stay away from my realm. I never get on during the day, just a couple of hours most evenings.

Comment

if you wanna play horde and concentrate of pve then the realm ive always been on is ideal (Draenor) with so many guilds in ssc and tk on there atm its fairly easy to get into 25man raiding and if transfering a descent equipped toon theres 3 horde guilds on draenor that have downed illidan. draenor alliance isnt too bad either theres 2-3 guilds progressing through black temple and mount hyjal. Also on horde side we have 2 very good battleground/arena guilds if thats your thing.

pvp realms from my own experience (got a druid on sunstrider) get tedious after a while when farming for an enchant or whatever your constantly on the look out for some poxy alliance thats gonna pick you off when low on health. Unless your hardcore into pvp go on a pve server and hit the battlegrounds for your pvp fix

if you do chose to re roll on draenor gimme a shout n ill be able to run you through some instances providing im not instancing or raiding (Ascari - lvl 70 bloodelf paladin) being raid holy spec i can only solo upto scholomance tho

Comment

Working...
                                X