Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had high hopes for this game aswell

Comment

Whoever described this as an Amiga game is spot on.

Gameplay on this is totally unfair and is not fun to play at all.

The waves of the enemies seems to be the same all thru out.

Also, the highest res possible is 1280 x 1024 (other one being 1024 x 768) which is disappointing as I have a 24" Dell that supports 1920 x 1200.

Really disappointed in this one. It seems the euro people can't make shooters as good as the Japanese at all...

Comment

FFS - think I'll leave it on the pile then.

Comment

Well there is talk of a patch on there website.......so can hope it will improve things a bit

Comment

It'll have to be a 640 mb patch.

Comment

well i think a few gameplay changes could improve things a fair bit and make it more fun

i mean there is potential there

Comment

Played this on friday. Still find it astonishing that there are people out there who claim to love shooters yet develop release games that play like Project X. This is worse than Last Hope in my eyes, just nasty. Some of the power ups made me laugh out loud! And the difficulty level is just off the chart at times. Absolute pile of fetid excreta.

Comment

I feel like an outcast here but I have to say that I love Project X and that I ordered S?ldner-X because the Youtube clips brought back some memories (WinUAE was fired up that day). When I read the two games being linked together in a negative way I was freaked out.

It must be said that I'm not a huge shooter fan. I've yet to get this running but I'll post my opinion when I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                    Played this on friday. Still find it astonishing that there are people out there who claim to love shooters yet develop release games that play like Project X. This is worse than Last Hope in my eyes, just nasty. Some of the power ups made me laugh out loud! And the difficulty level is just off the chart at times. Absolute pile of fetid excreta.
                    Have you read the interviews with the people behind Last Hope & Soldner?

They say a lot of bull**** about how they are advancing the genre. The fact that they have digs at the so called weaknesses of old-skool shooters is hilarious.

They come across as people who haven't got a clue about shooters, or have any understanding of quality, or brilliance.

Having hardware that enables shiny effects is one thing, making a good game is a whole other ball game.

At least it makes me appreciate the quality found in my favorite shooters, even more.

Comment

Yeah i agree there

oh and for the record i did like project x at the time.....just i like more from my shooters now days......just blowing things up doesnt do it for me any more for me the shooter needs a hook

this game does have a scoring hook .....but its wrapped around poorly balanced gameplay and really weedy weapons and that makes it no fun

fact is there are lots of doujin games that are just more fun.....look at imperishable night by zun.....thats a game made by one guy i think but that is just so much more fun and it looks and sounds pretty decent to
                      Last edited by eastyy; 28-12-2007, 19:01.

Comment

Been playing some more of this (mag review) and it just keeps on annoying me. The chaining system is bloody nuts. Why on god's green earth should you be forced to use a naff weapon you don't want to use in order to be able to power it up? And then when it is powered up it makes hardly any difference to the weapon's power and gives you a crap power-up.

why can't there just be individual power bars that slowly build up over time depending on which weapon you use.

What really frustrates with Soldner X is that it actually has the potential to be really good, you can actually see a decent shooter in there.

It's arguably better than many other Euro shmups that are available, but that's not really high praise. In my opinion they should have said something like, let's try and make a shooter better than Gradius V instead of settling for Project bloody X and Aphidia...

Comment

anyone tried the psn version ?

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                            anyone tried the psn version ?
                            uk psn release? if so when?

Comment

Only announced for the US so far, released last week.

Comment

Think I saw John Parry playing it the other night. He probaboly got it off the JPN store though.

Comment

Working...
                                X