No announcement yet.

S?ldner-X: Himmelsst?rmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just checked he does have it. Man that bloke is a machine, his trophy list is HUGE! Hes playing CoD so you could just nag him to come here and give impressions

I WAS going to buy this, but after this thread, changed my mind, and got PixelJunk Monsters instead.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
      Think I saw John Parry playing it the other night. He probaboly got it off the JPN store though.
      I got mine from the US Store.

I've had a few goes on it so far and although it's not going to go down as one of the all time classic 2D shooters I'm having a lot of fun with it. I didn't play the PC version so I'm really not sure what all the supposed changes were that they made to this version of the game and I very much doubt that people will be playing it 10 years from now like they do with the classics but I'm certainly not feeling the same negativity that the PC users had.
      Originally posted by Cuber001 View Post
      i just checked he does have it. Man that bloke is a machine, his trophy list is HUGE! Hes playing CoD so you could just nag him to come here and give impressions
      One of the advantages of have quite a few mates with PS3s is that we can play each others disc based games which is why I have so many games in my list.

Because prices drop so quickly now too, it gives us the option to buy the games if we want them a couple of weeks later for about half the price.

I haven't got that many trophies, I have friends on my list who are already level 10+ which seems mad to me.

Comment

my basic problem with the pc version was the weapons were severely underpowered and the scoring hook was a bit of a hassle

Comment

I'm also very much enjoying it. (US PSN).

I like the gameplay as a whole. The music and speach samples are class too.

"You fight like a maniac, keep it up!" Nice!

Comment

Yep, the music is indeed great and I'm quite enjoying it too. Its got a nice "Euro" feel and reminds me of the stuff Factor 5 made for the Amiga. Well worth a look for $10.

My only beef is with the weapon/chain system. Its pretty cumbersome. I like the fact you "rank" up the weapons by shooting stuff, RSG-style, but the system is ruined since they overheat and you're forced to change to a rubbish weapon you don't want to use.

I'd prefer if I could just stick to one weapon and use it as often as I want without that added worry. The game is hard enough!

Comment

Heads up that this is hitting the European Store today if anyone is still looking to pick it up.

Comment

Just had quick blast tonight and enjoyed it more than the PC version. Good old tough a snails shooter and well worth the £8 from the UK site.

now when you shoot the enemy they die, The PC weapons were feeble.

Will spend some quality time with this over the next couple of weeks!

Comment

As much as i'm trying to like this game it feels REALLY badly designed...

Game feels a bit slow, too many power ups i don't want, the chaining system is frustrating, can't hold more than one bomb at once, and for christ sake the second level...Things coming from up, left, right, down...Plus you have to weave through things whilst other things block your view...

I agree with what was said in the thread earlier, there are tons of Japanese doujin shmups better than this. -_-

Comment

i picked this up last night
                    and i like it

Comment

This is properly hard, even on easy.

Comment

Originally posted by KusoGaki View Post
                        As much as i'm trying to like this game it feels REALLY badly designed...

Game feels a bit slow, too many power ups i don't want, the chaining system is frustrating, can't hold more than one bomb at once, and for christ sake the second level...Things coming from up, left, right, down...Plus you have to weave through things whilst other things block your view...

I agree with what was said in the thread earlier, there are tons of Japanese doujin shmups better than this. -_-
                        Agree with everything you've said there mate, it's a load of wank. Looks nice though.

Comment

Bought this last night but really wish I hadn't. It's sooooooo boring.

Comment

Working...
                          X