Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S?ldner-X: Himmelsst?rmer

got this today

kindoff mixed opinions on it......looks wise its not to bad....reminds me alot of amiga games

sound wise its pretty good

gameplay wise...well still a bit early to say ......i will say it feels far better then last hope and there is a scoring hook chaining enemies and then swapping weapons which makes it a bit more then a basic shooter.Weapons though feel really weedy and really lack impact

will play more though but does have a amateurish feel to it

I wanna pick this up on PS3 so am looking forward to your further impressions

Comment

What is the difficulty level like Steve?

Comment

Well its not a cave bullet fest thats for sure

only played through the first level or so does not seem that difficult though as its not a one hit kills type of thing you have a shield energy bar to so can take quite a few hits

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          reminds me alot of amiga games
          You've basically summed up what I thought when I saw the first screenshot. 25 years too late.

Comment

Won't run on my Vista machine because I have 4gb of ram :|

Comment

for some reason i seemed to think project x........thought its been years since i played it

Comment

Wonder how much they are planning on charging for it on the PSN, can't see people paying anything over £9.99 - even that's going to be really pushing it in a lot of people's eyes.

Comment

Well the ship inertia is annoying, the energy bar even more so and most of the enemies take 4-5 shots to kill, meaning it's a nightmare to get the multiplyers needed for score comboing.

Oh and whoever thought a power-up that grants instant death was a good idea should be put in the game so I can shoot them...

Other than that it's basically Project X and I hated Project X

Comment

that plasma gun thing is next to useless that needs a serious increase in power

well the main gun feels like a pea shooter

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post

Other than that it's basically Project X and I hated Project X
                      ProjectX is a horrible game, as is the sequel. The sort of western shooters that make people laugh, and cry.

It was pretty obvious that Soldner was going to be similar. Any gamer could see from the shots, that the title had that cold western B-Grade Amiga styling, only shinier.

Seeing that no one is saying that the gameplay is fun, I won't be touching it.

With a ton of great Japanese shooters to play, why bother with this?

I hope the DC gets some new shooters next year.

Comment

Yeah i have to admit i have grown bored with it

think if it had a bit more development time could have been really good

fact is really it does not even match the best shooters of the 16 bit era either

Comment

It's a shame really!

I still don't see myself being able to resist the game if the price is OK though.

Comment

my copy still hasnt arrived

btw there will be a new dc shooter next year..

Comment

I thought it was **** on the first level. If it doesn't hold my interest there, then its off my computer. The weapons and enemies are really pants, especially that lighting weapon.

Comment

Working...
                              X