User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    That is a NR Reader, not a GC.

Actually i think its a NPDP GC, an NR reader runs non retail disks, the only difference between NR and retail is the laser drive, which can be swapped out for a retail one to play commercial games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirotic View Post
    great thread idea!
    Thanks. Try not to hog the mic though One fact per post for easy quick reading. Hold some info back for them rainy days

Grand Theft Auto was originally named Race 'n' Chase before a slot car game of the same name by Matchbox forced DMA Design to change it.
    Last edited by hudson; 24-01-2008 at 10:36 AM.

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3th Racing PSN ID: Mr_Karate
    Quote Originally Posted by Baseley09 View Post
    Actually i think its a NPDP GC, an NR reader runs non retail disks, the only difference between NR and retail is the laser drive, which can be swapped out for a retail one to play commercial games.
    I thought they were all called NR readers. I had the teal one once, which was able to play retail games following a transport swap as you say. Shane's quite into them I think. He'll know fo sho.

Not intresting in a QI way, just a fact, one of the first Videogames ever made was Space War! by an American called Steve Russell and his Co-Worker in 1962.

No other Mario game has sold more than the original Mario Bros, which is estimated to have sold over 40 million units. Infact every succeussive sequel has sold far less than the 1980 original.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinebi View Post

-When Sony finished the final design for the PS2, they actually stole it from the ATARI PC.

Yes, well, Atari Falcon microbox which never made it to retail.

http://www.atarimuseum.com/computers.../microbox2.jpg

The one I'm sure everyone knows: Mario was originally known as "Jumpman" in the Donkey Kong games.
    You mean Monkey Kong, right? Shame we never saw him driving in Continental Circus :P

I think it was intentionally called Donkey Kong. The Monkey story isn't true (according to an issue of Edge's Retro).

I know, I've heard all versions, that's why I had the slightly sarcastic in there .

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Super Famicom's were manufactured by Nintendo until 2003.
    Really!?

Some of you may already know but anyway... Sega had to sell 2 million copies of the Dreamcast game Shenmue before turning over a profit. Sadly they only sold 1.2 million.