Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know? Interesting gaming facts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games in the Dragon Quest series can only be released on the weekends in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
      Another World on the Megadrive has a very interesting link to Half Life. Complete Another World and at the end sequence the main character marries the love of his life - Betty Freeman. Betty has a brother by the name of Gordon Freeman. Around that time he has just been offered a job at a secret government testing. The main character then advises him from doing any dodgy experiments...after all that’s how the guy got transported to "another world". Gordon nods his head and the game ends.
      Who made Another World?

Comment

Delphine, a French outfit.

Comment

Delphine Software I believe.

[curses!]

The sequel to Another World is called Heart of the Alien.

Last edited by hudson; 24-01-2008, 14:03.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
            Delphine Software I believe.
            Who went into liquidation in pre 1996... No mention of the link on Wikipedia...

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
              Another World on the Megadrive has a very interesting link to Half Life. Complete Another World and at the end sequence the main character marries the love of his life - Betty Freeman. Betty has a brother by the name of Gordon Freeman. Around that time he has just been offered a job at a secret government testing. The main character then advises him from doing any dodgy experiments...after all that’s how the guy got transported to "another world". Gordon nods his head and the game ends.
              WTF!!!!
              Has no one played another world?!
              Seems like no one had played it then.
              Here is the ending, not that anyone cares cause the above story spoils the whole ending.
              This is the ending in another world i replaced the end2004 music files with this track.
              Last edited by Family Fry; 24-01-2008, 14:11.

Comment

Spoilers FFS! I'm pretty surprised by this story too TBH. Pics or... you can see where this is going.

Comment

Ive completed another world but i cant remember teh ending as i did the game when i was 14/15 which was over 10 years ago!

Thanks for the link!

Comment

So is it actually related or is HL inspired by AW?

Comment

Yeah...i'll put my hands up and say its not my story...i knicked it from EEggs...sounded half bollox half true...

...walk of shame for me...

Comment

Unless the Mega Drive version had a different ending the the others (which is unlikely as the direct sequel which does tie in with the ending I know was released on the Mega CD) I'm calling BS on the Freeman link.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                          Ive completed another world but i cant remember teh ending as i did the game when i was 14/15 which was over 10 years ago!

Thanks for the link!

Nah probs, I remember playing through that myself about 10 years ago too, thinking i had never seen animation like it on Megadrive, Flashback was quality too, Delphine Software were quality.
                          It's 16 years old too the 15th Anniversary Edition is only £4 now on PC.

If that did happen in the game that story would have been awsome!

Comment

ok, this one is true..
                            There are gaming music Concerts in Leipzig, Germany every year where the top games composers play live versions of they're music, like Final Fantasy and Streets of Rage.

Comment

Sega Rally's 'Game Over Yeeeah' was sung by Sega Sound Team composer Takenobu Mitsuyoshi. He also did loads of vocals on Daytona USA.

Gamer Over Yeeeah
                              See him sing Daytonaaaaa live

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                                Sega Rally's 'Game Over Yeeeah' was sung by Sega Sound Team composer Takenobu Mitsuyoshi. He also did loads of vocals on Daytona USA.

Gamer Over Yeeeah
                                See him sing Daytonaaaaa live
                                LMAO.......... no wonder it sounds SO bad............

I always questioned whether it was intentionally bad or that AM2 could not afford a decnt sound crew. Very Funny hoolak!

Comment

Working...
                                X