Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know? Interesting gaming facts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C' View Post
    Unless the Mega Drive version had a different ending the the others (which is unlikely as the direct sequel which does tie in with the ending I know was released on the Mega CD) I'm calling BS on the Freeman link.
    You can see both here at the Video Game Museum. The AW ending is identical to the other versions and Heart of the Alien (the unofficial Mega CD sequel), aside from looking like a train wreck, appears to take place entirely on the alien planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
      Actually i think its a NPDP GC, an NR reader runs non retail disks, the only difference between NR and retail is the laser drive, which can be swapped out for a retail one to play commercial games.
      That's correct. I just thought it was an interesting curio. gTM had a feature on rare hardware - that was just one that came to mind. I don't think what the machine actually is really matters much.

Comment

VF5 has some references to shenmue.In the background of the aurorra stage,there's the same MJQ bar that is present in yokosuka.

Also Lau's stage music is a remixed version of a theme used in one of the districts in shenmue II.

Does anybody know anymore?

Comment

Lan Di shares the same fighting style as Lau in VF - Tiger Swallow Fist. Even the clothing is the same.

Comment

"Totaka's song" has appeared in several Nintendo videogames, including Animal Crossing and Mario Paint.

Comment

The first made in wario game actually appeared on N64, as part of polygon studio.

Comment

I keep meaning to play that...

Comment

In 1987, Mario's dad, Lord Shigsy, worked on a Famicom game called Doki Doki Panic which was released in Japan. In 1988, the game was basically reskinned and fed to the west as Super Mario Bros. 2. In 1992, the western conversion was released in Japan as Super Mario USA.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                    Sony only developed a 'Playstation' project after Nintendo backed out on a deal for a Sony produced CD drive add-on to the SNES.

The Playstation was a corporate act of revenge !
                    Wasn't it that Sony wanted 100% of the software royalties for the CD add on thus meaning Nintendo was effectively relegated to 3rd party?

Comment

Originally posted by Akira View Post
                      VF5 has some references to shenmue.In the background of the aurorra stage,there's the same MJQ bar that is present in yokosuka.

Also Lau's stage music is a remixed version of a theme used in one of the districts in shenmue II.

Does anybody know anymore?
                      I know Yu Suzuki’s original target was to have 40 characters on screen at once.

Another factoid, Resident Evil started life as a first person shooter with no zombies.

Last edited by Kit; 25-01-2008, 08:25.

Comment

The Beast from Kung FU Hustle is skinned up as a character in the 360 version of VF5.
                        Looks damn good too! (Also Lau btw).

Comment

Final Fight was going to be a sequel to Street Fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                            Final Fight was going to be a sequel to Street Fighter.
                            It wasn't. It was called Street Fighter '89 at prototype stage.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              It wasn't. It was called Street Fighter '89 at prototype stage.
                              Well surely thats what I said??!?

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                                Well surely thats what I said??!?
                                No, you said it was going to be a sequel. It was never going to be a sequel. It was named Street Fighter '89 in order to advertise a new cabinet that Capcom were about to release and they needed a name for the pictures.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X