Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know? Interesting gaming facts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... that the GameCube had a harddrive?

Comment

Super Famicom's were manufactured by Nintendo until 2003.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
        ... that the GameCube had a harddrive?

That is a NR Reader, not a GC.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirotic View Post
          Unirally 2 was canned when Pixar sued the studio for ripping off one of it's short animations (production of the original was also ceased)
          Great Thread - Never knew that above, Unirally was/is a fave of mine, I would have loved a sequel.

Comment

guess that means Unirally won't be on the VC then. Shame.

The one I'm sure everyone knows: Mario was originally known as "Jumpman" in the Donkey Kong games.
            Last edited by kryss; 24-01-2008, 11:34.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              That is a NR Reader, not a GC.

Actually i think its a NPDP GC, an NR reader runs non retail disks, the only difference between NR and retail is the laser drive, which can be swapped out for a retail one to play commercial games.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirotic View Post
                great thread idea!
                Thanks. Try not to hog the mic though One fact per post for easy quick reading. Hold some info back for them rainy days

Grand Theft Auto was originally named Race 'n' Chase before a slot car game of the same name by Matchbox forced DMA Design to change it.
                Last edited by hudson; 24-01-2008, 11:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                  Actually i think its a NPDP GC, an NR reader runs non retail disks, the only difference between NR and retail is the laser drive, which can be swapped out for a retail one to play commercial games.
                  I thought they were all called NR readers. I had the teal one once, which was able to play retail games following a transport swap as you say. Shane's quite into them I think. He'll know fo sho.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Prob liek this NR?

Comment

Not intresting in a QI way, just a fact, one of the first Videogames ever made was Space War! by an American called Steve Russell and his Co-Worker in 1962.

No other Mario game has sold more than the original Mario Bros, which is estimated to have sold over 40 million units. Infact every succeussive sequel has sold far less than the 1980 original.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinebi View Post

-When Sony finished the final design for the PS2, they actually stole it from the ATARI PC.

Yes, well, Atari Falcon microbox which never made it to retail.

Comment

The one I'm sure everyone knows: Mario was originally known as "Jumpman" in the Donkey Kong games.
                          You mean Monkey Kong, right? Shame we never saw him driving in Continental Circus :P

Comment

I think it was intentionally called Donkey Kong. The Monkey story isn't true (according to an issue of Edge's Retro).

Comment

I know, I've heard all versions, that's why I had the slightly sarcastic in there .

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                Super Famicom's were manufactured by Nintendo until 2003.
                                Really!?

Some of you may already know but anyway... Sega had to sell 2 million copies of the Dreamcast game Shenmue before turning over a profit. Sadly they only sold 1.2 million.

Comment

Working...
                                X