No announcement yet.

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bagged me a copy...hope my machine isn't one of the small percentage that goes tits-up when you boot the game as it's been back to Nintendo HQ twice already...

Comment

Managed to make my own level. It was a bit rubbish, but I'm sure I will make a better one with a bit more practise. Also tried online against one of my buddies last night. It ran smooth and fast and was great fun. Love the way you can map custom insults to the d-pad!

Comment

This is superb. I love the fact its a back to basics old school Nintendo title without a gimmicky motion control in sight.

Forget BluRay, this proves you don't need huge storage capacity to cram in plenty of content. I think I will be on for the rest of the life of the Wii unlocking stuff.

I'm surprised more folk havent chimed in since Friday, but by the size of the 1st play thread it looks like most have imported it at some point!

Can't wait to get online!

Comment

This game is amazing. I'm over 10 hours in total and feel like I'v barely scratched the surface. What really makes me happy is the obvious care, attention to detail and soul which has gone into this game. I always feel that a lot of modern games really have heart missing and feel clinical. Brawl oozes personality and soul from every virtual pore.
          Last edited by Skull Commander; 12-07-2008, 14:55.

Comment

Absolutely. There's so many lovely little details it's unreal.

I especially enjoy how certain character animations have been translated to 3D. Wario in particular is genius.

Finished the story last night and loved almost every minute of it. They do recycle certain sections, but even then you can still enjoy how much fun the fighting is.

My character of choice at the mo is Lucas. He seems a little easier to master than Ness and has an awesomely satisfying 'Up + A' smash.

On a related note, I was hoping that Earthbound would show up on the VC alongside Smash Bros' euro release. Oh well.

Comment

Im 23% through the adventure mode at the moment and enjoying it, though it does seem a bit easy on the normal setting so far.

I havent unlocked sonic and snake etc yet but so far my favorite character is the same as it was on the GC version, Marth.

Also is it just me or Pickachu is incredabley annoying in this one?. I played online earlier and some person just used his up + B special move repeatedly and won the match.

Comment

I'm loving the adventure mode, I didn't bother with it at first because I thoguht it was just some tack on, but its a better platform adventure than most full retail products!

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                  Also is it just me or Pickachu is incredabley annoying in this one?. I played online earlier and some person just used his up + B special move repeatedly and won the match.
                  The number of people spamming one move and using cheap tactics gradually decreased as the weeks went by after Brawl's US launch, but now it's out in the UK there's a whole new wave of people with the same idea.

Pikachu's lightning is one of the most spammable moves in the game, but if you expect it every time you're above a Pikachu player and learn the timing for dodging it in the air they can't rely on it any more and they're screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sixty View Post
                    The number of people spamming one move and using cheap tactics gradually decreased as the weeks went by after Brawl's US launch, but now it's out in the UK there's a whole new wave of people with the same idea.

Pikachu's lightning is one of the most spammable moves in the game, but if you expect it every time you're above a Pikachu player and learn the timing for dodging it in the air they can't rely on it any more and they're screwed.
                    One of the things ive always liked about Smash bros is that you can really see the difference between a master and a new comers. Give it a month and the move spammers will be getting pasted without blinking.

Pikachu in the hands of a master on the other hand should be well avoided.

Comment

I'm not quite a master of Pikachu but I know my way around using him to his fullest... yes the lightning attack is very powerful but you have to know when and where to use it properly. Using it when people are very high in the sky to kill them (sending them out of the arena skywards) is one prime example. He has plenty of other really potent moves that you don't need to go spamming that one attack. It doesn't protect you against left/right attacks now... oh and Kirby's rock attack beats it
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

had this since us release and naturally loved it but i just got the pal release and so am back into it again.

got an interesting problem though. put the pal game in and the wii doesnt recognise it. i have to use freeloader once to get it going. this possibly because of the us update? glad i havent been online in a while. if i update i wont be able to play either my american or pal copy

Comment

Working...
                        X