Family Ski / We ski (Wii)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    I don't think there's a US or UK release date yet.
    I know it's not out in the US or UK yet, but I was wondering if anyone with a modded english machine might know a bit more about the ranking system as some of the game seems to play in english.

I do the same as you when starting the game by selecting the board icon on the title screen, but when selecting a character I step off the board to sync it just before free ski mode starts as I've never got it to work if i'm still stood on the board on character selection.
    Last edited by Phar; 19-02-2008, 09:00.

Comment

Yeah, only realised that's what you meant after I posted.

I'll have another experiment with the board on/off because I thought I could only get it to work if I was on at character select If it comes to it, I'll do some screenshots for our friends to translate.

Comment

Forgot to mention. I figured out shussing (tuck position) - you just turn the remote and nunchuck 90° inwards along their long axis. I.e. turning your whole forearm and hand as one.

Comment

A quick run by me.

By the way, I've no idea why I'm moving up and down on the jumps. It doesn't do anything...
          Last edited by charlesr; 19-02-2008, 17:00.

Comment

I've just had to deliver a tasty burger to the girl of my dreams further down the slope in super fast time before it got cold. Genius.

Anyone figured out how to do moguls yet? I keep getting a D. I can do the tricks...

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Forgot to mention. I figured out shussing (tuck position) - you just turn the remote and nunchuck 90? inwards along their long axis. I.e. turning your whole forearm and hand as one.
              see post #8

Comment

Bah.

How about you make yourself useful and figure out how to navigate mogul fields without falling over eh?

Comment

Not at home at the minute to check but I think you hold the C and B buttons down while shifting you weight from left to right to do them moguls

Comment

Ah ace. It's Z and B. Thanks. Keeps the torso straight forward and just moves the legs really fast.

Comment

Night skiing time.

Comment

That seems to be the Mojipittan theme tune at the start of the night video.. very cheesy! Think I heard some Katamari Damashii and a Jpop song that was in one of the Taiko games on another video I saw as well, so I guess they've used a load of Namco music which seems pretty cool.

Comment

How are you guys getting on with this? I've reached half way 80/160 tasks and it's getting really quite hard - tasks are longer and trickier to complete. I've not tried it without the balance board yet (doesn't seem right!) - perhaps it's easier with just the remotes?

Comment

Originally posted by r3z View Post
                            That seems to be the Mojipittan theme tune at the start of the night video.. very cheesy! Think I heard some Katamari Damashii and a Jpop song that was in one of the Taiko games on another video I saw as well, so I guess they've used a load of Namco music which seems pretty cool.
                            Well it's being published by Namco in the west it seems. So looks like they may have developed it? Unless We Ski is just a huge coincidence.

Comment

Yeah, it's a Bandai Namco game so it makes sense for them to use their own music.. from the comments earlier it just sounded like they had stuck in some random Jpop, but it's nice to hear some stuff which is recognisable.

I've been trying it out over the last few days and got up to about 30 tasks done, but I think I'll now hold off until I get a balance board (a friend is coming over from Japan at the end of the month with one ). So far playing with just the remote/nunchuk has been pretty easy, and I reckon it'll be a bit more challenging when you need to use some proper body coordination with the board. The game does appear to be a little shallow in terms of gameplay, but the tasks are pretty fun (if basic so far) and it seems like it would be quite an enjoyable/relaxing game to just do a bit of skiing around the slopes in the evening

Comment

Originally posted by r3z View Post
                                The game does appear to be a little shallow in terms of gameplay, but the tasks are pretty fun (if basic so far) and it seems like it would be quite an enjoyable/relaxing game to just do a bit of skiing around the slopes in the evening
                                At first it seemed a bit like Endless Ocean in that you can just ski if you want and ignore the tasks. I've done a fair bit of this, just enjoying the scenery as I go down - there's some cool ice sculptures and stuff - and indeed on the way up on the ski-lifts. And the fir trees all lit up at night - beautiful. I was worried it was all going to be too chilled, but the difficulty has ramped up now and is thus a lot more fun on the tasks.

Comment

Working...
                                X