Sentinel Returns - PS1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sentinel Returns - PS1

During the latter half of last year I bought Sentinel Returns (PAL) for the PS1 however, it would not load on my PS2 (I do not have a PS1). The game would only boot up to the point of the black screen where there is, in blue writing, a message about illegally copying of the disc. I've checked the disc and other than a few light scratches, looks ok to me.

Last week I bought the game again(!) at a car boot sale, and the same thing happened with this copy.

The question I am getting to is, does anyone know if this game actually loads on a PS2, or is it PS1 only?

Thanks in advance.

Hi - it's PS1 only.

Comment

if you have two copies, i could be interested in buying one !

Comment

That game has one of the most vague plots ever. I always wanted the Sentinel when I was a kid (for my BBC), so I bought this version, but I haven't got round to playing it yet, and I've had it for 2 years!
        Anyway here's the plot

"THE LOOP. An Unreal universe exists.
        Where the battle for control of the essence of life is a grim reality.

You have access to a sample of a substance of unkown origin. When injected into a Specimen of equally unknown origin, it projects an image of a world dominated by a Sentinel.

There are several hundred Specimens to examine.
        Perhaps when you reach the end, you will gain some insight into the meaning of the process? The consequences of ytour failure, however are unclear."

(Yeah - just like this plot)

Comment

The PS1 version of Sentinel Returns has some pretty horrific load times per level.

The gameplay remains the same as the previous 8-bit version, but something i guess has been lost about the charm of the original.

I always found the C64 version strangely haunting. The sound of the Sentinel turning was quite panic inducing too.

Comment

I had this years back, struggled to learn to play it, learnt it, initially found it interesting, then later found it both frustrating, time-consuming and boring.

If you've never played the C64 original, it means much less to a 'next genner', but if you'd experienced it on an 8 bit machine when it seemed *big* and fresh, I can imagine it being seen as quite a refreshing update.

Anyway, it doesn't work on PS2, like others have said. /

Comment

my interest in this is to see if i can get it so i can EBoot it

i have it in the UK, but getting the folks to go up into the loft to root it out seems a bit ott.

Comment

Working...
              X