Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Uh-oh.
    I've decided this is a good thing. Every 240p native game I've seen on 360/XBLA looks like ass on a HDTV. It doesn't look like they've done much anyway.

Resolutions and display options will be really important here. If it supports non-interlaced and 3:4 you need to get your CRT out.

Comment

Well this is great news but i guess it brings up the usual concerns like will the discs be region free and if not will they ever get released here? It is exciting stuff though and if they get the display options right it should even be possible for it to look good on a yoko screen.

Comment

Just came back from work to find this out.. - I am astonished by the news..... 8O

Comment

I just assumed they'd be XBLA releases. Hmmmm ...

However they materialise, I just hope they're versions I can play on my UK system.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
            Fantastic stuff. Does that say that the Daioijou port is the Black Label version?

I fear these will not be region free, so prove me wrong Cave.
            s'only about 50p for a Japanese box anyway isn't it?

Comment

Excellent stuff now hurry up & release them!

Comment

These games arent already out on PS2?

Comment

Dai Ou Jou is, Ketsui hasn't been released on any home system though. It's not in MAME either.

Comment

Oh my god!!!!

Fantastic news

So So So glad I got my Japanese 360 in the beginning now cant wait for these

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      Dai Ou Jou is, Ketsui hasn't been released on any home system though. It's not in MAME either.
                      This is actually a port of the Black Label variant of Dai-oujou which hasn't been ported before. Minor differences though but nice that it gets a port.

Plan to get these even if they're not region-free as I'll no doubt have some means to play them in the future and to hopefully encourage further ports of the games that never made it to PS2 (and maybe better ports of some of the Taito-published Cave games that were quite shoddy compared to Arika's stuff).

Comment

More excellence headed towards Live! Top stuff
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                          More excellence headed towards Live! Top stuff
                          has it been confirmed that they're live arcade then?

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                            (and maybe better ports of some of the Taito-published Cave games that were quite shoddy compared to Arika's stuff).
                            I wouldn't be so sure these will be great ports. Nobodys heard of 5pb

Comment

Aye, fair point.

Arika's work on Dai-oujou/Espgaluda was really perfectionist stuff that maybe it's unfair to expect that level again. Hell, if they hadn't had been such a stickler for perfection, we'd already have a home Ketsui port.

Comment

Omg I need tissues

Comment

Working...
                                X