Cave titles confirmed for 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strider View Post
    has it been confirmed that they're live arcade then?
    There getting released on disc, not via arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post

flawless

Comment

I'm glad i've still got my Japanese 360 then.

Comment

Maybe they'll get budget pal releases in 2011 under alternative/strangely irrelevant titles.

Comment

Could they somehow use the work done by Arika with the PS2 version that was never released? The port was nearly done and canceled due the slowdown in the fifth level.

Comment

I hope so as the non Black PS2 arranged music was gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                I hope so as the non Black PS2 arranged music was gorgeous.
                I meant Ketsui, mate.

There was a port coming for PS2 but it was canceled because the hardware couldn't handle some part of the fifth level without slowdowns. Damn Mihara and his perfectionism. All that work wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Maybe they'll get budget pal releases in 2011 under alternative/strangely irrelevant titles.
                  Mobile Light Force 360?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                    How do you know this? The famitsu article doesn't mention anything as far as I know. Since the PS2 versions of older Cave games didn't exactly fly off the shelves my guess is that this will end up as a global XBLA release. Just like Triggerheart Ex., Omega Five and the upcoming Ikaruga...

Comment

Just saw this thread. Ketsui...

I hope these games won't be region locked like Shikigami No Shiro III

Comment

Its amazing to think that the 360 is fast becoming the home of traditional Japanese RPG and shooters

Comment

Yet it still fails to sell all that well out there.......

Comment

At this rate it really looks like it doesnt need to.
                            Any hope of these games making US/Euro release, What are the odds?

Comment

i would bet on a region free worldwide release rather than multi releases (which means find publishers, $$$ for localization etc... etc.. )

Comment

In other news, Microsoft are cocks. That is all.

In a recent issue of Japan's Famitsu Xbox magazine was an interview with Masaki Sakari of 5pb - who are currently porting over two very popular Cave top down shooters Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label X and Ketsui X to the Xbox 360 as a retail product. In the interview Sakari has a short vent about why they went for a retail product:

"Out initial plan was to port lots of good arcade titles to XBLA. We talked to IP holders of these titles, and persuaded them. We secured these licenses, and finally talked with Microsoft. There they rejected all of our proposals saying, 'We are going to cut down faithful arcade ports.' We felt so frustrated. We wanted to show them that their decision was wrong. So we switched our two most promising projects into retail."
                                Way to go MS, completely restrict your audience to these great shmups, nice business model.

Comment

Working...
                                X