No announcement yet.

Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's it though. I never did say "errrr" or "like" or "you know". I never did like the scouse accent to be honest. Mainly because the people with the worst accents were real low life arse holes that I had to deal with daily at HMV.

Comment

Very true.

Great episode all the same. Loving the '2D' and wish more games were made like that these days.

Comment

After a month away, Retro Core is back witha Sonic Special - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9TRhB0vLDo

The official site upload is coming in a few days (Before the weekend).

Yakumo

Comment

Sonic 2 best ever Sonic? I thought you liked Sonic CD best, which I remember from an old Retro Core? That would have been more on the money for me
          Nice episode by the way, as always.

Comment

Yeah, I do like Sonic CD out of all Sonic games but I was talking about the cartridge games. I guess I wasn't clear on that though but that's what happens when you have no script

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              Yeah, I do like Sonic CD out of all Sonic games but I was talking about the cartridge games. I guess I wasn't clear on that though but that's what happens when you have no script
              Never watched any of your Retro Cores before but is was a really enjoyable watch and made me laugh in a few places as well.

By the way Sonic Jam did feature reprogrammed versions of the game it was mentioned in SSM at the time. Sonic Jam featured the Spin Dash in Sonic 1 because of this, Sonic Team also fixed a number of bugs with the games and added in ring on the final stage of Sonic 2.

Didn't included Sonic's Bug or Christmas Nights cameo's I see.

Comment

I couldn't be arsed to include Sonic in NiGHTS or BUG! to be honest since they are secret characters and I was too lazy to find the code on GameFaqs

Comment

Retro Core SS Vol 13 is out now and takes a look at Dezaemon 2 and many of it's home made shooters. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv-9C_mhCsY

Official Site version coming in a day or two.

Comment

Another Retro Core SS out now. This week I take a look at Magic Knight Ray Earth - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGEcCV4Hy_Y

Yakumo

Comment

Quick question, how were the fan-made games for Dezaemon 2 distributed and loaded onto the Saturn? Presumably these are still available?

Comment

You can download them from Japanese fan sites OR you can download a CD compilation made by satakore (Check Google for the URL). There are two discs available totalling in well over 150 games. Possibly 200 if I remember rightly. Just load up the satakore disc, load up to 3 shooters on to an official saturn memory cartridge then boot up Dezaemon 2 and load a game from the memory cartridge.

Retro Core SS Volume 15 is out now on YouTube and for fans of the official download you'll be happy to know it's also available at the official Retro Core site.

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pqYu6VKtaQ

Official site - http://www.segagagadomain.com/RetroCorepage-main.htm

Yakumo

Comment

The Saturn version of Fighting Vipers is obviously impressive for all the reasons mentioned in the video, but surely it's made redundant by Fighters Megamix?

On a personal level, I prefer the cleaner look of the 720x480 60fps Saturn version of Virtua Fighter 2, but Fighting Vipers is clearly throwing much more stuff around.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                            The Saturn version of Fighting Vipers is obviously impressive for all the reasons mentioned in the video, but surely it's made redundant by Fighters Megamix?
                            I've always thought that Fighters Megamix was amazing fan service for the time but as a fighter it's far too unbalanced, i'd sooner be playing standalone Fighting Vipers or VF2.

Comment

i remember seeing gamesmaster many years ago and seeing a fighting vipers combo which blew my mind think it was maher (and i think its actually one of the replays on disc)

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                                To be honest, Fighters Megamix is a great fan game as Phar pointed out but for looks it's a mess. The textures on both the VF and Vipers characters look worse than on their own games. Too much slow down and very unbalanced, again as Phar pointed out. I do agree that VF2 does look far more crisp but for an overall package I've always felt Fighting Vipers was an amazing achievement, especially when you look at it side by side to the arcade original.

Comment

Working...
                                X