No announcement yet.

Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what Retro Core is, but due to my new found interest in retro, BRING IT BACK PLEASE!

Comment

Bring this lovely piece of epic back, or banhammer ahoy.

Consider this a warning.

Joke.

Or was it...?

(seriously though, this needs to be revived! )

Comment

Well guys (and Gals if there are any) all your nice posts are really heart warming and have inspired me an awful lot. I never knew just how popular Retro Core was to tell the truth.

This March 25th my son will be one year old which means I'm now getting a little (but just a little) more free time. Will Retro Core return? The simple answer is NO. But what about Retro Core II I'm not saying when RCII will hit the net but all I can say is that it won't be too long. New 30 minute format with all the favorites making a come back such as ****e of the Month and who knows, maybe more undercover ninja camera work We'll see.

Formats covered will be SFC, MD, PCE, SS, DC, NG on a regular basis with some FC, N64, MCD thrown in every now and then. If I can get my friends to lend me his PlayStation 2 we might see some stuff on that as well.

Now to work out a new intro to the show. That's the hard part.

Yakumo

Comment

I know you used Bubblegum Crisis in the past for the intro. Why not do another classic, New Dominion Tank Police? Just been reaquiting myself with it recently. The japanese opening is great but so is the western version. Its a classic all the same.
          Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 19-03-2008, 14:32.

Comment

I've never seen this show although after hearing about it I'd very much like to. Thing is none of the download links work, they all bring up error messages, am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
              I've never seen this show although after hearing about it I'd very much like to. Thing is none of the download links work, they all bring up error messages, am I doing something wrong?
              Try this link

Great to see that we might be getting a Retro Core II!

Comment

Just wanted to chip in to say how happy I am to finally see the show come back, no matter in which format.
                I enjoyed it immensely and was sad to see it go.

Looked allover the web to find something similar, but to no avail.
                It's something very unique strangely enough. Sure you can find bits and bobs here or there of the same subject matter, but nothing that comes even close to RetroCore.

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Well guys (and Gals if there are any) all your nice posts are really heart warming and have inspired me an awful lot. I never knew just how popular Retro Core was to tell the truth.
                That's a bit of the trouble with the web.
                Many people quietly download and enjoy the show, but only a very small minority speaks out.
                And if they do you probably will never read about it Due to the number of message boards out there it's just about impossible to get an estimate
                of how loved the show actually is.

Comment

Retrocore was an excellent show, I would rave about it but I'm sure everyone who's seen it knows.

I loved the Japan special, since I always wanted to visit but have this nagging fear that the country is a bit xenophobic.

Yakumo, I'm sorry I leached so much stuff from your ftp 3/4 years ago. I tried to be careful but you had so much good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStuey View Post
                    Try this link

Great to see that we might be getting a Retro Core II!

Many thanks for link, I'm now watching these.

Comment

really wanted to see the fighting game special that would have been great

Comment

Sorry mate, the Saturn Fighting game special may never happen Still, The new volume of Retro Core II does feature a fighting game but what one ?

Yakumo

Comment

Bloody missed Retrocore, ace to see you're working on something new, good luck with it mate - can't wait to see it!

Comment

This March 25th my son will be one year old which means I'm now getting a little (but just a little) more free time.
                            As much as I love Retro Core, I think your son is the main reason you shouldn't go out of your way to answer everybody's prayers! Do 'em in your 100% spare time; it'd be selfish of us to expect new episodes to pop up frequently, hehe.

Good luck with the new series, mate.

Comment

Making my way through the episodes, loving it.

Great work and may it continue!

Comment

@Klatrymodon, yes my family is first then my site and then Retro Core I'm actually a quarter way through the new Retro Core but made a bit of a mess on the encoding of 3 of the games. So they'll look like crap but everything else should look good. Also Retro Core II will have a nice screen resolution of 640 x 480.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                                X