Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    I think krikzz has admitted as much. Pretty tempted to buy the unit you reviewed actually
    If you do, at least you know it's been in good hands.

New Life in Japan video out now and I'll be doing a Live Halloween stream tomorrow (October 31st) at 16:00 JST.

Comment

Did a live stream tonight of Fatal Frame - the new one that was originally a Wii U exclusive but now remastered on PS4, Switch and Xbox.

Comment

A new Life in Japan video just went live

Comment

New Retro Core Life in Japan out now. Filmed on the GoPro this time so everything is a lot smoother than previous night videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            New Retro Core Life in Japan out now. Filmed on the GoPro this time so everything is a lot smoother than previous night videos.
            Great video [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]. Makes me homesick for Gunma

Good quality as well, which GoPro is that? The older ones weren't great at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Great video [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]. Makes me homesick for Gunma

Good quality as well, which GoPro is that? The older ones weren't great at night.
              This is a GoPro7 Black. I don't remember what the Black series brought to the table but it was something.

Comment

Oh no, I took a dremel to this one.

Comment

Yeah, I've finally gotten my hands on a RetroTINK x5 Pro.
                  Why is it worse tan a Framemister in some ways and better in others?
                  First look and set up testing.

Comment

I posted about this in your YouTube comments Yakumo but a better response can be had here, as YT doesn't like me providing links, apparently!

If you run Swiss on a GameCube you can run GBI for Game Boy Advance games using the Game Boy Player. Mike Chi decided to tuck in a GBI-specific mode for the 5x Pro, which detects GBI and switches the resolution to 360p. When the LCD filter is applied in this mode, it looks like this:

As with all filters it's obviously a matter of preference but I've found that it looks rather nice from the correct viewing distance.

I couldn't figure that filter out at first either, but it's because the vertical lines will only appear if the horizontal resolution has been corrected. If you have a GC and you're interested in checking this out, here are a couple of links that I found useful:

https://www.retrorgb.com/gameboyinterface.html
                    https://www.retrorgb.com/retrotink-5...are-v1-29.html

Comment

Now that looks really cool. Quite a nice Easter Egg for those who have a Game Cube and GB Player.
                      The closest I have is a Wii. No gmecube I'm afraid.
                      Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                      I posted about this in your YouTube comments Yakumo but a better response can be had here, as YT doesn't like me providing links, apparently!

If you run Swiss on a GameCube you can run GBI for Game Boy Advance games using the Game Boy Player. Mike Chi decided to tuck in a GBI-specific mode for the 5x Pro, which detects GBI and switches the resolution to 360p. When the LCD filter is applied in this mode, it looks like this:

As with all filters it's obviously a matter of preference but I've found that it looks rather nice from the correct viewing distance.

I couldn't figure that filter out at first either, but it's because the vertical lines will only appear if the horizontal resolution has been corrected. If you have a GC and you're interested in checking this out, here are a couple of links that I found useful:

https://www.retrorgb.com/gameboyinterface.html
                      https://www.retrorgb.com/retrotink-5...are-v1-29.html

Comment

So, I got a new toy to help with filming.

Comment

So how was your Christmas night?
                          Being in Japan, Christmas is anything but family around the dinner table eating Christmas dinner. Still wasn't bad though.

Comment

So, I've been using the RetroTINK for a while now. Is is as good as I initially thought?

Comment

Check out this crazy 1 on 1 fighter that brings back the fun of when 2D fighters were not so serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                So how was your Christmas night?
                                Being in Japan, Christmas is anything but family around the dinner table eating Christmas dinner
                                Did you go for the boneless bucket or the extra-crispy?

Comment

Working...
                                X