No announcement yet.

Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sort of tablet comes with a screwdriver as standard?
    The Hotwav R6 Pro full review with game testing.

Comment

Your YouTube series gets a mention in this months Retro Gamer. I've taken a photo of it but I'm not sure if I can post it on here?

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
        Your YouTube series gets a mention in this months Retro Gamer. I've taken a photo of it but I'm not sure if I can post it on here?
        Which issue is it? I ask as I've not seen the current issue anywhere this time round, all the usual culprits have it sold out!

Comment

It does? Nice . Could you send me a link to the image?

Comment

Here you go - https://www.flickr.com/photos/773779...posted-public/

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
              Which issue is it? I ask as I've not seen the current issue anywhere this time round, all the usual culprits have it sold out!
              It's 239.

Comment

Wow, that's Awsome. Thanks for the photo. The writer of that artical is so spot on about nostalgia being a comfort blanket at times. If only the Amiga fanboys would acknowledge that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  Wow, that's Awsome. Thanks for the photo. The writer of that artical is so spot on about nostalgia being a comfort blanket at times. If only the Amiga fanboys would acknowledge that.
                  Honestly your show has been fantastic through its run so far. I share that writer's perspective on something though; childhood memories of videogames are not reliable in the slightest. My front-runner is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4-player arcade game by Konami (the original); I remember when it came out on Xbox Live Arcade and I bought it immediately, only to be confronted with a fun, but really quite basic game - but in my memory, it was a lot more like the recent Shredder's Revenge. My memory of it is a mess of the original, how I felt when playing it (going from the Amiga port of the NES game) put in a blender with the later Megadrive and SNES side-scrollers.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Honestly your show has been fantastic through its run so far. I share that writer's perspective on something though; childhood memories of videogames are not reliable in the slightest. My front-runner is the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4-player arcade game by Konami (the original); I remember when it came out on Xbox Live Arcade and I bought it immediately, only to be confronted with a fun, but really quite basic game - but in my memory, it was a lot more like the recent Shredder's Revenge. My memory of it is a mess of the original, how I felt when playing it (going from the Amiga port of the NES game) put in a blender with the later Megadrive and SNES side-scrollers.
                    I know just what you mean. One very mediocre game that I once loved is Saint Sword on the Mega Drive. Man, that is one ugly looking and dull playing game now but back in the day I loved it.

Comment

Saint Sword, that's a blast from the past. It didn't get a PAL release but my mate briefly had the Japanese version played with one of those daft cartridge adaptors. I remember the first level graphics reminding me of Turrican because of the way the rock textures repeated, but otherwise can't remember it leaving any impression on me whatsoever. Completely forgot about it until now.

Could be worse, I have fond memories of bloody Beast Wrestler.

Comment

Saint Sword, that's a blast from the past. It didn't get a PAL release but my mate briefly had the Japanese version played with one of those daft cartridge adaptors. I remember the first level graphics reminding me of Turrican because of the way the rock textures repeated, but otherwise can't remember it leaving any impression on me whatsoever. Completely forgot about it until now.

Could be worse, I have fond memories of bloody Beast Wrestler.
                        Haha, my brother had that turd. He also had Fighting Masters.

Comment

Recently I was made aware of a De-Flicker mode for the sprite scaling titles, Space Harrier and Space Harrier II on the Mega Drive Mini 2. But how does it work?

Comment

I watched your video for the MD2 Mini, great stuff - just wondering did they do anything to Viewpoint?

With the speed-up modes being offered, I'm genuinely curious if they did anything at all because I felt from the start it was an extremely strange choice of game to add. The original game is pretty much... I wouldn't say unplayable, but... I can't think of any shooter on any system where the slowdown is as obvious and pronounced as that game. Even the SNES ones.

Comment

I watched your video for the MD2 Mini, great stuff - just wondering did they do anything to Viewpoint?

With the speed-up modes being offered, I'm genuinely curious if they did anything at all because I felt from the start it was an extremely strange choice of game to add. The original game is pretty much... I wouldn't say unplayable, but... I can't think of any shooter on any system where the slowdown is as obvious and pronounced as that game. Even the SNES ones.
                              I've only had a short 5 minute go on view point but didn't notice anything. I have read a comment stating that the game has less slowdown. How true that is I couldn't say.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                I've only had a short 5 minute go on view point but didn't notice anything. I have read a comment stating that the game has less slowdown. How true that is I couldn't say.
                                I found some footage and the slowdown is pretty much gone completely, whole thing looks to run way faster. Wonder if they fixed the rom or just overclocked it or something. Very strange!

Have to say this MD2 Mini is quite tempting me in a way, I don't usually bother with these mini-consoles but this one seems pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X