No announcement yet.

Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, latest gaming pick ups is out now. Loads or retro goodness as well as some new stuff. And let's not forget the viewer submissions. What have you guys bought?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      Hi everyone, latest gaming pick ups is out now. Loads or retro goodness as well as some new stuff. And let's not forget the viewer submissions. What have you guys bought?
      I saw Evil Zone there - is that valuable in Japan? I got the UK version for pennies, but it's not a well-known game here.

Is it a game spinoff from an anime show/manga? Because it certainly feels like that. Reminds me of the intro to Psychic Force.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        I saw Evil Zone there - is that valuable in Japan? I got the UK version for pennies, but it's not a well-known game here.

Is it a game spinoff from an anime show/manga? Because it certainly feels like that. Reminds me of the intro to Psychic Force.
        Yeah, it's pretty expensive here for a used PlayStation game. This mint but opened copy cost almost 5000 yen.
        It is based upon an anime I believe.

Comment

I was watching your video earlier and when you were introducing all the epic amount of PlayStation fighters you picked up I noticed most of them looked mint and had the spine included.

I wondered, were all those games with spines brand new and sealed?

Eitherway, nice pick ups! I recently picked up a mint UK PAL copy of Sonic the Hedgehog on the Master System and a new sealed copy of NTSC Japanese Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast. I long ago sold my games collection but decided to make a little retro shelf and buying back my most fondly remembered games for a bit of nostalgia.

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty expensive here for a used PlayStation game. This mint but opened copy cost almost 5000 yen.
            It is based upon an anime I believe.
            I noticed this recently actually, it seems very bizzare to me - although Japanese sellers are asking £70 - 120 on eBay. I picked up a copy with spine card (no reg) for £6 two years ago! That eBay price is mucher higher than for PAL and NTSC-U. Had it back in the day on PAL and played it quite a bit - enjoyed it a lot!
            Last edited by speedlolita; 10-03-2021, 18:53.

Comment

Nope, all were opened before buying. That's just how it is in Japan. The majority of stuff is mint. If you buy something that isn't, quite often its the fault of the buyer for not understanding the Japanese explication or relying on bidding services that don't display all info.

I mean, there is crap conditioned stuff such as that Mega Drive. I knew that was awful but it was also very cheap. So it wasn't a problem for me.

Good score on a sealed Soul Calibur. That is one classic game with a load of content.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I noticed this recently actually, it seems very bizzare to me - although Japanese sellers are asking £70 - 120 on eBay. I picked up a copy with spine card (no reg) for £6 two years ago! That eBay price is mucher higher than for PAL and NTSC-U. Had it back in the day on PAL and played it quite a bit - enjoyed it a lot!
                Some games just jump in price I guess. You got a great deal on yours.

Comment

Nope, all were opened before buying. That's just how it is in Japan. The majority of stuff is mint. If you buy something that isn't, quite often its the fault of the buyer for not understanding the Japanese explication or relying on bidding services that don't display all info.

Good score on a sealed Soul Calibur. That is one classic game with a load of content.
                  Thanks! I was impressed to pick it up for a really good price and still sealed.

Stunning work on that collection of games. I was watching thining 'Must have got luck with those still sealed' but then noticed a few didn't seem to be sealed. Love the quality, very jealous games are that mint!

Comment

Jpn PS1 stuff is starting to price hike quite a bit recently, no idea why all of a sudden the cheaper stuff is climbing up too but guessing people stuck at home is causing some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Jpn PS1 stuff is starting to price hike quite a bit recently, no idea why all of a sudden the cheaper stuff is climbing up too but guessing people stuck at home is causing some of it.
                      Every system will be rinsed in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Time to get that box of 60 PSX games I don't want on to Yahoo .

Comment

Thankfully i have gotten pretty lucky on my PS1 journey so far i'd say i have about 90% of my most wanted PS1 games in excellent to mint condition the remaining ones left to get been shooters that i can't just binge buy as they are all getting near or over £100 range, now also the problem is those damn games i don't even know exist on PS1 there's still games i keep finding by total accident. By the time i find that they do exist i'm about 30 years too late it's hard to find a copy of some let alone in mint condition. Even yahoo auctions is slim pickings sometimes with games that are super obscure i had better luck on amazon japans marketplace for some titles, those back street in the middle of nowhere stores thankfully have stores online on amazon so i have found some amazing stuff. Seems most people like to use mercari to flog their rare stuff now.

Comment

I hate mercari. Such a pain in the arse to deal with.

Comment

I'm thinking of finally ditching all the PS1 stuff myself and going with the emulator approach. It's just got so good at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                I'm thinking of finally ditching all the PS1 stuff myself and going with the emulator approach. It's just got so good at this point.
                                Where PS1 is concerned, emulation actually improves on the old hardware.

But if you wanted to keep it more authentic have you considered the MiSTer FPGA device?, its getting a PS1 core soon

Comment

Working...
                                X