Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I don't know why some of these manufacturers have an obsession with putting the analog stick there, on the left side.

I've got to assume that it's because they want to sell the devices to a mass-market that barely knows what they are, and it's more plausible when they photoshop an Xbox One game screenshot on the screen on AliExpress; but it totally kills any interest I have in such a machine.
    They just love the duel stick look I guess. As you say, it's to deceive customers in most cases. The RG series actually uses them though for twin stick shooters.

Comment

It's been around for a while now but finally I've tried it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        Works on any Saturn and runs any Saturn game on any system. It can be bought from Satiator.net
        I can't believe that Satiator ODE, proper magic that they've managed to make it boot from the video cd card. I was interested in the MODE but this is something I'm much more comfortable with since I can keep the cd drive too.

Comment

They just love the duel stick look I guess. As you say, it's to deceive customers in most cases. The RG series actually uses them though for twin stick shooters.
          Oh they certainly have uses; I mean PS1 emulation works pretty well on the RG-351M - that being said, there were relatively few PS1 games that even use the right stick.

Comment

Anbernic is back with yet another very good handheld console.

Comment

Let me just be clear that I think the actual game is fine but the fact it doesn't work on three different consoles and that I waited years upon years for it only to find this out leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Comment

Looks like they spent more time on designing the box than testing the game. My guess is it's a duff cartridge and I'd be very unhappy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                  Looks like they spent more time on designing the box than testing the game. My guess is it's a duff cartridge and I'd be very unhappy too.
                  Nope, they are all like this. The game just isn't compatible with all Mega Drive consoles.

Comment

I've heard of the incompatibility problems affecting most but also some folks reporting faults with individual cartridges on systems it should work on. MyLifeInGaming got a cart that seems completely dead on arrival, was tried on a bunch of Model 1/2 systems and Mega SG - unlike you they didn't get glitches, just a blank screen. Either way it's a right shambles.

Comment

Just bumping this from the Paprium thread, there's a Mega SG firmware update today that should fix the graphics being screwed: https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us...re-Update-v4-8

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                        Just bumping this from the Paprium thread, there's a Mega SG firmware update today that should fix the graphics being screwed: https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us...re-Update-v4-8
                        Nope, it doesn't. Made a video about that this morning.

Comment

Nope, it doesn't. Made a video about that this morning.
                          Rumor has it that the standard black cart and the special edition use different headers. If this is true, that explains why that fix isn't working for all.

Comment

Sounds like a better box for it might be the recycling box!

Comment

Did you try putting the settings back to normal as if it was an official cart? Apparently it works fine with the normal settings and SD card inserted.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                                Did you try putting the settings back to normal as if it was an official cart? Apparently it works fine with the normal settings and SD card inserted.
                                Yep, didn't work. It turns out that the special edition and the normal one in the black cartridge shell are two different versions of the game! Analogue only had the black cartridge version so of course they though the game would work with all versions.

Comment

Working...
                                X