No announcement yet.

Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a handheld which has yet to be released but that doesn't stop China.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      Couldn't you just buy one from amazon Japan?
      It's what I did - you don't need to use a proxy service or anything like that.

Comment

It's so cute, a mini Sega Saturn!

Comment

Welcome to a new Retro Core 5 show. In this show we take a look a most PlayStation 2 Sega Ages 2500 games but all are mentioned at some point throughout the video.

So sit back and enjoy.

Comment

Some of those early games look utterly miserable, Monaco GP is like some free-to-play mobile game. Shame as I really like the original, used to play it loads in "The Bell" at Ingoldmells and marvel at the LED clock numbers whizzing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
              Some of those early games look utterly miserable, Monaco GP is like some free-to-play mobile game. Shame as I really like the original, used to play it loads in "The Bell" at Ingoldmells and marvel at the LED clock numbers whizzing up.
              Yep and what is worse, only the crappy first few saw a western release.

Comment

Yakumo can you do an SNK chronology next, please...

SNKのオフィシャルサイトです。当社はゲーム、モバイルなどのエンターテインメント事業を通じて、魅力溢れるコンテンツを創造し世界中に喜びと感動を提供していきます。

Last edited by CAPCOM; 07-11-2020, 09:52.

Comment

I don't know. SNK fan boys can be little bitches at times. Kind of like Amiga fan boys. One slight detail being off is enough to end the world for those people.
                  It would be a great topic though. Maybe in the future. A show like that would need a lot of research.

New video today, About time, something that works well for a reasonable price.

Comment

I've become a bit of a mechanical keyboard convert myself having not seen the point in them for years. Then I managed to snag a free one from Razer and I finally saw the light. Since then (that was a couple of years ago) I've tried quite a few of them, never quite finding one which ticked all of the boxes. I wanted tenkeyless, and I wanted clicky but not too clicky. The linear ones are essentially impossible to type on as if you so much as breath on them they register a keypress, so they were out, and I tried the tactile ones too (clicky without the sound), but they just sounded empty and kind of nasty.

Well I finally found the ultimate keyboard a couple of months back. It's the Logitech G915 TKL. Logitech really nailed it with this one. It's very well built, has just the right amount of click, and it's even wireless too. The only downside is that it's not exactly cheap.

Comment

A device NOT designed in China but is it any better? Check out the video to find out.

Over on my second channel

Comment

I used to swear by TDK metal tapes, recorded with Dolby disabled, auto bias (my deck used to record a sample then play it back to set the bias), and line level set to peak at the loudest points of the recording.

My mix tapes sounded so much better than anyone else’s!

Edit: I just looked up old tapes and it was the CDing range I used to get from Richer Sounds.

Edit 2: now I’m not so sure it was CDing as although I definitely remember using them, it looks like the metal versions were only released in Japan so I must’ve used the chrome versions. But I distinctly remember switching to metal tapes after some time and thinking wow, could tapes really sound this good?
                        Last edited by samanosuke; 09-11-2020, 21:53.

Comment

Loved the Sega Ages 2500 vid, Yakumo.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                            I used to swear by TDK metal tapes, recorded with Dolby disabled, auto bias (my deck used to record a sample then play it back to set the bias), and line level set to peak at the loudest points of the recording.

My mix tapes sounded so much better than anyone else’s!

Edit: I just looked up old tapes and it was the CDing range I used to get from Richer Sounds.

Edit 2: now I’m not so sure it was CDing as although I definitely remember using them, it looks like the metal versions were only released in Japan so I must’ve used the chrome versions. But I distinctly remember switching to metal tapes after some time and thinking wow, could tapes really sound this good?
                            Ah, most likely you were using CDing II. They were very popular in the UK. Used a lot myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
                              Loved the Sega Ages 2500 vid, Yakumo.
                              Cheers! That took weeks to complete.

Comment

I love Brook products. They're lag free and extremely reliable. So it comes as no surprise I've got another item from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X