No announcement yet.

Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice battle. I really liked it on the Mega CD and was suppirsed at how much of an upgrade over the Mega Drive version it was with far better sound and more and better scrolling. Hope you do Son Of Chuck next mate

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Nice battle. I really liked it on the Mega CD and was suppirsed at how much of an upgrade over the Mega Drive version it was with far better sound and more and better scrolling. Hope you do Son Of Chuck next mate
      Ditto I didn't realise that either, bring on the Mega SD!!!!!

Core really did show Sega consoles some love.

I have very fond memories of Chuck Rock on the MD. My parents upgraded my Asian MD1 for christmas in the 90's with a brand spanking new MD II, they also wanted to get me a game so I gave them a selection to choose from but specificaly sais "don't get chuck rock", of course what did I end up with?!?!?!???!?!

After moaning for days I got stuck in, it grew and grew on me and eventually I had to conceed that it wasn't that bad after all. I learneed every enemy placement and their movement and used to speed run it to impress my mates....oh those were the days.

Well I say speed run but lets be honest it's a pretty slow game!
      Last edited by dyer60; 06-07-2019, 11:57.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
        Ditto I didn't realise that either, bring on the Mega SD!!!!!

Core really did show Sega consoles some love.

I have very fond memories of Chuck Rock on the MD. My parents upgraded my Asian MD1 for christmas in the 90's with a brand spanking new MD II, they also wanted to get me a game so I gave them a selection to choose from but specificaly sais "don't get chuck rock", of course what did I end up with?!?!?!???!?!
        Yeah, and it's really nice and better than the Mega Drive version. Son Of Chuck II is also really good on the Mega CD with a stunning full screen intro and also some use of the ASIC chip for better spot effects like the rotation on the boulders and better scaling on the bird

Comment

After making the last Pocket-Go video I wrote off to BittBoy explaining that most people were not happy about the screen refresh rate and tearing. Well guess what? They might actually address this issue.

In this video I show you their response, more emulations testing and some of the ported Linux games running on the Pocket-Go.

Comment

Wanna take a look around a Japanese electronic store&s games department then head on up to the Taito Station arcade? You bet you do.

Comment

Here we go with a review of the LDK. In this video I show you just what you can expect from the stock firmware and how good the emulation actually is. Many different emulators shown from NES to obscure stuff such as the NEC PC-98 and yes, PlayStation as well.

Comment

You may have missed the last Life in Japan video

Oh, and a member of this board has won the Patreon Give-a-way!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  You may have missed the last Life in Japan video

Oh, and a member of this board has won the Patreon Give-a-way!!

You forgot to buy some dried fish for the stray cat!? And what about gotcha gotchas?

Comment

[MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] I really miss combini culture. I used to go past one of the larger Lawsons and 7-11s on the way back from work and for my first few months in Japan while I was getting acclimatised, I bought a lot of the food there. They really are fantastic little shops.

Comment

They sure are. Not the cheapest of places but the sure do have a lot of choice. From food to cosmetics to small electronics.

[MENTION=2587]samanosuke[/MENTION] ah, they don't have Gatch Gatch machines in 7 Eleven but they do sell trading cards.

Comment

Way back when these things fist came out I reviewed one. It was okay but nothing amazing. Now we have the all new updated version for 2019 with 2 player support. Is it any better than the original? Let's watch on.

Comment

I've been getting in to the Vasara Collection the last week. Finally I can share my views on it. The game should be available to buy soon.

Comment

This video was filmed on August 10th 2019 in Hakata City, Fukuoka prefecture. Hakata City is one of Japan’s larger cities but unlike Tokyo people here smile a lot more (^o^).
                            Hidden away around the city are many historical buildings which are well preserved. Let’s see if we can find some that are literally a stones throw away from the main train station.

Comment

Wow, is it the return of the N-Gage?

Comment

That's awesome I want to know how they ended up making that thing. I suspect there's an entertaining story about how someone ended up with a warehouse full of the disparate collection of parts and that was the only thing they could cobble together.

Comment

Working...
                                X