Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Core Revival

10th of May 2007. The end of an era. No more ****e of the Month. No more risky undercover camera ops into dank stores and arcades. The doors had closed on what the ordinary, unwashed masses would regard as an insignificant internet show starring some scouse bloke banging on about horribly aged games. But how the faithful wailed into the night. Their monthly dose of retro games and colour commentary snatched away with sweet bugger all to fill the void. But then, on the 18th of March 2008, the originator of such chaos let spill his musings in yet another of his genius creations, the Post everytime you get ANYTHING retro. We want to know (^v^) thread;

I'm so glad you enjoyed Retro Core and found it a useful guide to buying imports. I've thought about bringing it back and even tried to make a special SFC one off but it's going ever so slowly.

Yakumo
    So to summarise, this thread is here for people to post about how much they think Retro Core is rather nice and for browbeating Yakumo into bringing the show back even if it's just a one off. Or two.

Maybe twelve.

I really miss Retro Core, I used to look forward to every episode. Any new episodes, even if they are just really occasional, would be awesome!

Comment

Well yes, a new Retrocore would be great. I for one would be very pleased!

Comment

What's retrocore?
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          What's retrocore?
          Blasphemer ! http://www.segagagadomain.com/RetroCorepage-main.htm

Come on guys, make me feel proud You never know, a half hour show per month may arrive. But there'll be no more PlayStation though since I sold it all N64 has gone as well but we can always fall back on the Wii's virtual console for that.

Comment

A fine series it was. I am actually just recently going through ALL of the episodes from start to finish (I'd only ever saw random episodes here and there before, currently on about 16 or 17) so I have to say a big "thank you" to Yakumo for putting it all together - it's always enjoyable.

I don't think it's too much of an exaggeration to say it puts every videogame-based TV show ever made to shame - and put together all by just one man!

Comment

A great gameshow that needed more exposure, you know the reviews were spot on, never fawning over a game just becuase it was Japanese, a game even with flaws can be enjoyable. I listen to Yakumo and I think "this is just like guy that ran the import shop in the 90's that I spend the afternoons in just talking about games" Not a specific person but with the passion for gaming.

Comment

I used to really enjoy watching RetroCore but i think it was a bit too long for me as I when sometimes going back I never seem to remember the 2nd half of these shows. A shorter version would be most welcome! I've also been thinking of viewing them all again in order - but its a bit of a big task. So many shows filled with lots of great games - many I wouldn't have come across. I've tried to find a replacement videogame show quite a few times, but failed.

Comment

It so needs a special now and again, when I have nothing to do or the TV lets me down I can always pop one on.
                  I always loved the comparisions between various versions of the same title (Daytona)

Comment

Only a couple a months ago I found out about these. Watched them all within the space of about 2 weeks. Really enjoyed them, nice wee intro sections were great with the likes of electra anus and some other ridiculous stuff goin on.
                    Not a fan of Radiant Silvergun then Yakumo?

Comment

I really enjoyed the show. Yakumo showed the professional tv stations how it should be done.

I've always thought that any videogame game show should be done by passionate, obsessive, gaming geeks, who know their stuff. Sadly... the shows we've had on television( and still do ) are too corporate and created by either non-gamers, or casuals.

Retro Core's focus on consoles, and the way the content had variety, was great. The humour and direct views, were also refreshing.

I missed some Retro Core's, I think I'll try and download them all.

Comment

It was a great show, made me end up buying a few games that i'd otherwise of known nothing about in regards to some of the Saturn stuff. My personal favourites were the Akihabara and Saturn Shooter specials.

Comment

Fantastic show, i was devastated when it ended. But at least it ended for happier things.
                          Yakumo knows his ****, speaks it like the pope and one hell of a sexy accent.
                          Hes helped me out with stuff in the past and his ninja excursions in arcades are fantastic pieces of work & hilarity when he gets thrown out.

*Chant with a lil run....RETRO COREBAT!

Comment

Just wanted to add my thanks for all the past Retro Cores Yakumo.

Personally for me, I loved the shows structure, the variety of games and the fact that for me at least each show had at least one unheard of gem for me to discover. (and usually buy)

Retro Core coming back would be amazing!

Comment

Retro Core was the best.

I never got round to watching them all but I loved the earlier ones that were a bit rough round the edges, and the shooting specials.

So yeah big thanks Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                              X