X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 2.4 Patch Today!

Entry to Karazhan for all*!

*If you're level 68 and over.

they also removed attunement for mount hyjal and black temple in 2.4, annoying for those of us who earned our attunements by killing two of the hardest bosses in the game.

Comment

yeh i found that pretty annoying as well. At least we get the rep ring and the title 'Hand of Ad'al'

On the other side it does open up the end game to alot more players. I think they are doing this as WOTLK will be out before the end of the year and they dont want another naxx situation where hardly anyone seen it. (thats why its the first instance in the new expansion)

oh aye you still need someone in the party with a key to get into kara

Comment

They've changed the slender season3 caster gloves back to the old bulky s1 build, same textures mind, but now they look a little trashier than usual They really peaked outfit design with T5/S2 imo, I hope they don't start making them look **** on purpose (ala Sunwell/S4) just to amplify how the 70-80 gear will look if you know what I mean.

Comment

first levl 80 set gear is EXACTLY the same as t3, just with different textures (if we are lucky) - so **** looking sunwell gear I think just emphasises how much I dont care about loot in this instance.

2.4 brought about some nice changes, mainly in the money making - getting 150G from dailys really isnt that hard to do in less than 1hr. the raid zone is a pain though, front heavy in trash is so demoralising :\

Comment

Yeah it's not as if everyone and their kid can get inti Kara, at least one will need the key making them some sort of semi-god

Loving the new daily quests, raked in about 50g in an hour, must find some more close by though. Won't be too long before I get my Epic flying mount and Swift Flight Form.

Is it only those 3 on the new island? I haven't checked south of the map yet.

Comment

The daily quests are pretty cool in that everyone's combined efforts eventually lead onto futher expansion (we're still waiting for them to finish building the portal from Shattrath to Isle of Quel'Danas, for instance, as well as the arrival of all the item/loot vendors).

Must admit I like the new 5-man instance, we cracked the Heroic version the other day. Some shadow priest won the damn Timbal's Focusing trinket thing I was after, I also lost out on the Phoenix Hatchling pet which dropped from Kael Also been beaten on four rolls for the 20-slot bag that drops in there quite frequently. Sorry to hear the 25-man is tedium, I've really enjoyed the minimal raiding I've done on this game so far although I'm not prepared to drop full-time PvP for it.

I'm insanely unlucky when it comes to this game also. I never win rolls (which is one of the reasons I hate the PvE in general, that and people use you for runs, get what they want, and are no longer ever interested in going back - that attitude disgusts me when I think about the amount of time I've spent helping others get things) and when we do rated arena we always end up facing our anti-class setups in full Vengeful at 1850-1950+ rating. Speaking of arena though... we got to 1992 last night and just one win away from 2k+ rating, if not for the full s3 druid/warrior combo that beat us so easily it was funny. Shoulders soon though, I can taste them.
              Last edited by dataDave; 02-04-2008, 11:30.

Comment

the Timbal's Focusing trinket is the best shadow priest trinket in the game gief!

i like the new 5 man and the new dailys are easy enough to get through most of them in about an hour. Seems like a nice little update.

Looking forward to hitting the new 25man soon

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                  The daily quests are pretty cool in that everyone's combined efforts eventually lead onto futher expansion (we're still waiting for them to finish building the portal from Shattrath to Isle of Quel'Danas, for instance, as well as the arrival of all the item/loot vendors).

Must admit I like the new 5-man instance, we cracked the Heroic version the other day. Some shadow priest won the damn Timbal's Focusing trinket thing I was after, I also lost out on the Phoenix Hatchling pet which dropped from Kael Also been beaten on four rolls for the 20-slot bag that drops in there quite frequently. Sorry to hear the 25-man is tedium, I've really enjoyed the minimal raiding I've done on this game so far although I'm not prepared to drop full-time PvP for it.

I'm insanely unlucky when it comes to this game also. I never win rolls (which is one of the reasons I hate the PvE in general, that and people use you for runs, get what they want, and are no longer ever interested in going back - that attitude disgusts me when I think about the amount of time I've spent helping others get things) and when we do rated arena we always end up facing our anti-class setups in full Vengeful at 1850-1950+ rating. Speaking of arena though... we got to 1992 last night and just one win away from 2k+ rating, if not for the full s3 druid/warrior combo that beat us so easily it was funny. Shoulders soon though, I can taste them.

wouldnt you be best off saving your points for S4 which is apparently hitting soon.

still really bitter about the free MH and BT attunements tho, were upto Archimonde in MH and Just about killing teron gorefiend in BT and **** loads of other guilds have just about caught us up since this patch as they've been able to skip Kael'thas and Vashj and head straight into MH & BT just feel it devalues all the effort and time we up into learning the fight and the gold spent on countless amounts of wipe nights.

Comment

I've taken some time to finally do some dungeons for some gear, had too many people slagging me off for having "quest" gear

Glad I did, had some lovely drops with sockets, finally!

Comment

I've just started this really so i don't know a whole lot. Loving it though, Level 16 Draenei Priest

What servers are you guys on? Not that it matters with my low lvl :P

Comment

Originally posted by Astra View Post
                        wouldnt you be best off saving your points for S4 which is apparently hitting soon.
                        I reckon 8 weeks minimum man, I'm hoping to have 5/5 Vengeful as well as the VG battle-staff by then ;p

Nah seriously, after I pick up the shoulders (once points reset tonight, yay! 2002 2v2 btw) I'll cap points at 5k and then buy something, recap, rinse + repeat. It would be nice to pick up the robe after shoulders however so I 'look' like I'm in full s3, eventhough I'll be using s1 pants and me OL facewrap of the invoker still. The staff would be the cherry on top however I reckon I'll just replace soulfrost with sunfire on the spellblade.

Looking at 2v2 with s.priest next season with me as destruction now I have the gear. >< I hope we can pull off some decent ratings or I'll look like a tit.

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                        I've just started this really so i don't know a whole lot. Loving it though, Level 16 Draenei Priest

What servers are you guys on? Not that it matters with my low lvl :P
                        I play my main character on Ghostlands (crappy PvE realm) although I have casual mage + warlock alts on Al'Akir (old-school pvp realm in a decent battlegroup).

---

yus! these new shoulders are the shizz. With each new piece of gear I become noticably more piss-taking vs. the full s3 people. When I get the full set there will be no stopping me ah, the benefits of starting in crap gear. Landed a duel-deciding 5k soulfire on full s3 warrior last night
                        Last edited by dataDave; 09-04-2008, 08:55.

Comment

People talking about you Fallows Saying how good Vona is!

Comment

Do you still play on Ghostlands? can't say I've seen you log in in a while.

Comment

Yeah man i'm still playing. I did jump out of your guild to join a friends, no offense

I'm a 70 druid on ghostlands, doing the shattered sun offensive dailies for the swift flying form and also trying to get some cool dungeon gear in preperation for Kara heroic (which we've tried twice and slowly we're getting somewhere..!)

The people last night were after a decent mage for PvP arena, then someone said "Is vona on?" and people just started going crazy. "I KNOW VONA HE'S GREAT!!"
                              Last edited by Dezm0nd; 11-04-2008, 06:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X