Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GBA Micro. Retro Picks on the move...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GBA Micro. Retro Picks on the move...

After seeing the great Play Asia deal on a Micro famicom I took the plunge.

It has a tiny screen, so I'm thinking not all games are going to work very well...

What would you guys suggest is best? I sold my GBA years ago, so need to pick a few games up.

I have ebayed:

Super Ghouls n Ghosts
    Sonic Advance 2
    Sonic Advance 3

So... what else will work on a tiny screen!?!

Never had any problems playing any games on the micro myself. I wouldnt limit yourself just to retro reissues as almost any game on the gba has that old skool retro feel however if its 'real' retro games for the gba you may like these off the top of my head,
    Contra advance- aka snes contra with levels added from megadrive contra hard corps.
    Super Mario World, nuff said.
    The original megadrive sonic 1 is also on the gba,
    Final Fight is a must and Sega arcade gallery is ace on the micro (outrun, hang on, space harrier and afterburner)
    As i said off the top of me head there are lots and lots more:thumbs:

Comment

Final fight is great on it, as is warioware.

Comment

Btw be carefull with ebay its FULL of gba fakes i wouldnt recommend buying ANY gba games from ebay.

Comment

Agreed with SuperDanX, out of five GBA games I bought on eBay about a year ago, two were fakes.

I have one negative feedback, from a scammer after he sent me a really obvious fake cart, I called him on it and demanded a refund.

Comment

Rhythm tengoku is a must purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              Rhythm tengoku is a must purchase.
              Definitely! I played Rhythm Tengoku and the first WarioWare to death on my GBA and I still go back to them.

If you've got a Famicom Micro it'd be a crime not to pick up a few of the Famicom Mini series.

Comment

Dotstream is fun.
                Guru Logic Champ if you can find it.

Comment

Pretty sure Top Gear Rally was the best proper racing game on the GBA for your driving fix, how about Super Mario World 4 also (that's the cracking SNES Mario World game), Mario Kart ?

Comment

The Advance Wars & Fire Emblem series' are great as well.

and Zelda LTTP, if you've never played the SNES version

Comment

I'll second fire emblem as I'm playing through it at the moment. The graphics are perhaps a wee bit small on the micro, but it's not really that important in a game like this.

Comment

Ninja Cop! Ninja Cop! Ninja Cop!

Comment

Orbital, best "planetary gravity manipulation"-game ever.
                          Super Robot Taisen are ALL good too, though only the Original Generation are available in English.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            Orbital, best "planetary gravity manipulation"-game ever.
                            The music on it is fantastic too i love how it changes as you add more planets to yours.

Comment

my famicom micro is probably my favourite console right now, and the best designed i've ever seen. only problem i've experienced is that the shoulder buttons can be difficult to use because the machine is so tiny.
                              i would heartily reccommend the famicom mini/nes classics series, particularly metroid, zelda and castlevania. metroid zero mission is a fantastic game and is the closest you can get to 'another' super metroid. of course you can't go wrong with the snes remakes, lttp, mario advance 1-4, final fantasy etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X