Retro Gamer tweaking update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Gamer tweaking update

Right, we've taken on board a lot of your suggestions for our next issue, and whilst Retro Gamer will always maintain a strong 8-bit bias, we're really working to try and get a better balance in the mag so that it does have a wider appeal.

A couple of people mentioned that they would like to see more Japanese game coverage in the mag, so we've secured a correspondent in Japan - He kicks off in issue 50 by speaking to Treasure about the making of Gunstar Heroes. And there's plenty more in the pipeline.

There's also a history of GTA (with an emphasis on the earlier, DMA, games of the series). We also have an in-depth retroinspection of the Dreamcast, with a look back at ten of best games on the machine. Plus, there's also massive six-page look back at The House of The Dead series, including a Q&A with Sega about the games.

Basically, if you've always been unsure about picking up the mag, or perhaps haven't read it in a while, grab issue 50 and let us know your thoughts and suggestions...besides, if you read it and find out it's not for you, hold onto it for a couple months and you'll probably get your money back by listing it on eBay.

An official feedback thread will be up when the mag hits the shelves.
    Last edited by Alex Kidd in Jerk World; 09-04-2008, 12:14.

Sounds like a great issue. Good work on the Japan correspondent!

Comment

I'm not a regular buyer but I'm definately getting the next issue now. I'm actually thinking of cancelling my GamesTM subs and getting one with Retro Gamer instead. The price always put me off before but having bought some back-issues recently I've found it a far more enjoyable and interesting read.

Comment

Sounds very promising. It's good to hear that peoples opinions have been taken on board. I look forward to reading the Treasure interview etc..

Cheers!

Comment

I really hope issue 50 is a record breaker sales wise. That's sounding like a fantastic issue and I'm sure everyone that gives it a chance will agree. People buying it in droves will of course be the real measure and true incentive to keep Jap 16+ bit on the scales.
          More articles 'around' gaming like the Wizard stuff too please!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Kidd in Jerk World View Post
            we've secured a correspondent in Japan - He kicks off in issue 50
            Blimey, he sounds a violent chap. Is he called Ernie the Psychotic Madman, by any chance?

Comment

Working...
            X