R-type III GBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R-type III GBA

I was wondering if theres any enjoyment to be had from R-type 3 The Third Lightning on the Gba?
    I know it got a kicking when it was released, for ?30 or whatever, but is it worth a shot at the couple of quid it goes for now? Thing is ive seen reviews slating it, yet others have been more generous, ive played the sfc version very breifly before but no longer have a Sfami.
    Cheers.

The GBA conversion is baaaaaaaaaad. It's better to buy an SFC and a copy of the game or download it from the Virtual Console.

Comment

I have it and it's pretty bad. The music is really diabolical - it's probably the only game I've ever had to play with the sound off because it irritated me so much. If that weren't enough, the collision detection is sketchy as hell and it seems purposely designed to infuriate you at every turn. Getting sent to a checkpoint after you die (rather than the start of the stage) and then not being able to progress because there's no power-ups and the stage design requries you to use the Force ball was my favourite part

Comment

Bah. Thanks guys.

Comment

You can have mine if you want, I still have your address somewhere and I don't want it

Comment

Working...
          X