Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just won a Sega Wonder Mega but... eBay experts advice welcomed

ebay listing

The last 3 or 4 bids look a bit quiffy to me.

Given that I have no idea who the other bidders are I've asked eBay to look at the listing before I part with my money.

The seller seems okay from their feedback but the fact that 3 bids got retracted after they outbid me leaves me more than a little bit suspicious.

Should I be?

Does sound a bit dodgy, to be honest that isn't a bad price that you got it for though.

Comment

Yes the final price is very good especially as it's a Sega branded one and not Victor.

It's just those retracted bids that have the spidey senses tingling.

Comment

I think you've got a very good deal seeing as those games and an extra controller are included too. I think you'd be lucky to pay 100 pounds for one in that good condition in Japan, so 150 for one in the UK with an adapter is pretty good!

Enjoy it mate, i hope to pick up one myself in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
          I think you've got a very good deal seeing as those games and an extra controller are included too. I think you'd be lucky to pay 100 pounds for one in that good condition in Japan, so 150 for one in the UK with an adapter is pretty good!

Enjoy it mate, i hope to pick up one myself in the future.
          Aye, the price is right on this one, I've seen the Victor units go for more on eBay as well.

I'm pretty sure the sellers ok, his other items that are currently running haven't had the same shenanigans going on so it looks like some user(s) just messing with the auction.

Anyway I've emailed the seller with a couple of minor questions and will likely finalise the payment later on today.

Looking forward to getting this now.

Comment

lol this reminds me of something i was bidding on and i pasted the link on here to show people how dodgy it looked (suddenly got outbid by a guy whose account had been created that same day) and it turned out to be an auction by someone on here! he wasn't too pleased, but tbh i get super-paranoid so i'll jump on any little thing.

as for the auction, looks fine (other than the seller needs to work on his camera skills ), but when i'm not 100% sure of a seller i'll always pay via paypal but with my credit card, not debit (if possible), that way i have two companies (cc and paypal) to try get my money back if things go tits-up
            Last edited by randombs; 15-04-2008, 11:52.

Comment

Working...
            X