No announcement yet.

Okami (Wii)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was tempted to pick up a Wii for this, but if there's a fair old amount of problems then I may hold off. Shame though about the control; does a Wii allow patches later on like the Xbox 360 and Wii, or is Okami doomed to stay like this forever?

I've played the PS2 version before, and loved it. So the initial thought of having a widescreen, HD version got me excited. Especially the idea of using the Wii controller to draw and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
      does a Wii allow patches later on like the Xbox 360 and Wii, or is Okami doomed to stay like this forever?
      a good question! technically this shouldn't be a problem, since the Wii has some amount of memory to store at least smaller patches. but has there ever been a patch for a Wii game?

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
        well, yes and no. it's much less of a problem with a quality HDTV setup nowadays. but no soft- or hardware deinterlacer can completely make up for the lack of progressive signal output of the source material, right?
        I only actually run it at 480p (as opposed to 720p or 1080p), and it looks rather tasty IMO.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
          but has there ever been a patch for a Wii game?
          No, and I hope not. It encourages publishers to push games out of the door before they are finished and I believe will damage the new broader market that Nintendo has pursued.

Of all the Wii's that my extended non-gamer family have, less than half are connected to the internet. That's because they either don't have any kind of internet connection or don't know that the Wii can do that.

Comment

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Nintendo will ever patch any game personally.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The staff credits has been removed from the Wii version of the game: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=16464768311

What a mess for this version.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMarc View Post
                What a mess for this version.
                Well, Capcom can't use any material Clover logo on it. That's basically gist of it.

Comment

My question is: is the Clover logo always visible during the credits and/or placed in a way that it was impossible for a dynamic mask in any video editing software to hide it? Logo copyrights or not, low budget conversion or not, I'm sure they had some of Clover contacts to ask for these things...do Capcom really want to erase Clover existance from anyone's mind?

Comment

I had this game on Wii, played it for a bit, I didn't like the controls and I certainly didn't like the 480p, the graphics looked blurry.

Well I just got a bargin. A mint Japanese PS2 copy for ?8!! Original Print!!!

Comment

Bout 5 hrs into this and really enjoying it so far. No real problems here with the controls apart from the dodge move mapped to the nunchuck doesn't always go the direction I swing. Not played the PS2 version so cannot compare graphics but for me it is really stunning.

My only real concern is the amount of hand holding so far with your little dude Issun telling you exactly where you have to go next. Hopefully this will reduce so I can figure stuffs out for myself!

Comment

yeah it does, he stays a perv though!

Comment

Never finished this on the PS2 *the shame* but I started this earlier and it looks great on the Wii I think.

As i rule i don't usually play two 'longer' type games. But I am playing this as well a alttp. I'm sure I can invest time in both though.

So far..so good.

Comment

Just has a 7 hour sesh through the night until morning. Its been fab!

Controls work fine and it looks as gorgeous as ever.

Only about 7-10 hours off to where i got on the PS2 version.

This game is special, very special. (sorry if I'm stating the obvious)

Comment

Wow! didn't you require resting of the eyes at all? a.k.a Sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                                Wow! didn't you require resting of the eyes at all? a.k.a Sleep.
                                Hehe...I woke up late yesterday and I was quite awake...when i started playing this I couldnt stop...its so stunning.

Played some earlier and going back to it again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X