No announcement yet.

Okami (Wii)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it does deserve the attention you're giving it! Brilliant game, even if it does drag on a bit.

Comment

Another 7 hour session. Have taken a break to download Bad company (PS3)

Okami is amazing, I've invested 30 hours into it since Monday and I have loved every single second.

No problems with the Wii controls whatsoever and it looks lush.

Comment

You must be near the end now? When my brother played through it he was getting bored as repetition sets in and feels like it prolongs the end by repeating puzzles again and again. The first half is really intuitive and fresh though.

Comment

Im at 33hrs and that boredom has set in for me too, i feel a bit annoyed the way they're repeating stuff, feels a bit of a shame after how fantastic the first 28hours were!

Comment

Indeed, it feels like they should have ended the game 6 hours earlier, then Okami would have remained fresh throughout and you'd remember Okami for that, not the repetitive boring end quarter. Shame really.

Comment

I'm at the border to do with the water dragon. I've done a few side quests in the city before that but couldn't catch the burglar..where is he!! (please don't tell me)

Still enjoying it..even to the point that i don't use mermaid coins and enjoy all soak up the atmposphere.

I am loving it.

Comment

I'm so looking forward to getting hold of this little thing beauty. I love how this was originally released a couple years back and yet will be - quite effortlessly - one of the Wii's most striking and gorgeous looking titles. I suppose that's no real feat... but even sitting alongside the current 360's and PS3's titles Okami looks more appealing. I adore the beautifully presented style; like a tapestry of colours swishing and swashing onto the screen. Absolute gorgeous it is...

Sadly though... I'm still waiting for my copy. I'm after the PAL version and was so excited about it coming out this Friday just gone - only to find out it is in fact next week! You know that feeling when your heart sinks? Yep, I felt that on Friday morning after waiting for the buggering shop to open and to be sent away Okami-less. Silly me :-p
                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Am I the only one who didn't mind the pacing in the slightest? The game kept me happy for the whole 50 odd hours it lasted. I even spent hours after I finished trying to collect everything.

Absolutely stunning game. I feel like going back to it already, despite only playing it a half year ago.

Comment

Just finished the temple/dungeon "Oni Island" that was bloody magnificent. Best so far. This really is a fantastic game.

I've kinda skipped a lot of the side quests though. But i am loving the main game..it is really special.

Comment

Did a search for a guide book. (couldn't find one) but found this http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/3...s/Product.html

Comment

Well, I'm at the 'point of no return' I wont say too much as no doubt others will be starting this soon.

Probably, no, definitely the most beautiful game I've ever played. It is 'Divine' and is some creation.

Its taken me around 40+ hours to get to here, did some side quests but not all. Even without doing them all the game as the main game has so very much to offer.

Its so well designed, i personally cannot fault it and if this is the end quarter nothing has bothered me.

For all those getting the PAL release and are playing it for the first time, you're in for one hell of a beautiful journey

Comment

Breathtaking.

The whole game is one magical moment to the next.

The open exploring is beautifully scenic, with a musical score that fits the whole game.

The dungeon temples are gorgeous. The whole game is beautiful.

What a game.

Comment

I have a request. I was waiting till the australian release of this game but i have discovered something better.

im thinking this may be a slip case or something, but regardless i think it looks great. Only thing is, I live in australia (where hmv doesnt exist) and i dont have a credit card to pay with. Would anyone be willing to order this and send it to me? Please?

link is http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=777263

Seriously... please?

Edit: i may have to post this somewhere more appropriate in the morning
                            Last edited by mekanor; 12-06-2008, 13:04.

Comment

Yes its a slip case. It's stunning in the flesh.

Comment

I've been smiling like a little loon these past couple days playing this... Things are incredibly hectic at the moment, so having Okami's beauty to escape into is quite perfect. It's an absolutely gorgeous game, bursting with so much character, charm and style. I love the humour in here too, very refreshing and often very funny. Reminds me of Wind Waker in that sense, perfectly portraying a sense of danger quite light-heartedly...

Speaking of Wind Waker, Okami has certainly shown how a tried and tested formula can appear new, fresh and exciting. I am a huge fan of the Legend of Zelda series, adore them to pieces I do... However I can see quite easily how Okami does things even my favourite series does not.

As for the Wii Controls... Not a single complaint from me. Compared to the PS2's controls they feel fast and responsive and i've yet to encounter a problem. Using the brush now feels effortless and the whole wraggle thing to attack is implemented perfectly. Maybe a slightly more forgiving tolerance to drawing straight lines would have been easier at first, but after a little practice swipes and slashes can be drawn without a second's thought.

Much love for this game.
                                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Working...
                                X