• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTA IV - 360 & Ps3

well i guess someone's gonna start it so it may as well be me
    tho i guess i should turn of email alerts
    required pic:

played for about an hour so far, only did the first mission then went exploring.
    Anyone who's played any of the other GTA's will feel right at home, and you can get going and cause mayhem as soon as you feel like it.

Voice acting is really good, and as usual for Rockstar comical too.

Graphics are good no framerate problems, didn't notice any pop up so far.

Grabed a couple of cool vehicles one called

Hellfury

which is a bike and it's just great to drive, did a unique stunt in it
    The other car worth mentioning is
    just cos it made me LOL

Peds voices/dialogue are funny too - i was having fisty-cuffs with some random npc and he pulled out a knife and said something like " i could shoot you but its not so much fun"

Ended up in the airport and got 4 stars immeadiately, the airport is huge, massive infact, went riding alongside a jumbo on my hog

Really enjoyed what i've seen so far, and am desperate to play some more but the little'n just came home from pre-school so its a bit awkward - early night for the kids me thinks !!!

I'll try to answer anything i can so far
    Last edited by MikeF; 25-04-2008, 18:55.

Nice little tidbits there YOUWIN so glad you started this thread mate ..God knows we needed it..look forward to more later for sure.

Topman..

G.

Comment

just playing some more (messing about still) - did another stunt the game tells you that there's
      in the game.

The euphoria engine is really funny at times - when you crash you can't help but larf, (ouch felt that type of laugh) - especially coming off bikes.

Just got a good achievement

walk free - escape the cops after having 4 stars - went to the airport again do jump some ramps - managed to escape and not die - took a while too - 50 points -get!!

Re the pop up, have noticed it a bit more now, but its nowhere near what it used to be in the older games - seems to be things like trees in the distance etc - not worth worrying about.

Man i love the bikes

Oh 1 more quickie - looks a lot worse in SD (playing on another set now the little one is home = cbeebies rule in daylight

Comment

i am happy for you it looks a very fun game to play i am so looking forward to playing when i get my copy

Comment

another thing - this is annoying me - to run you have to hold down A - no matter how much you push the left stick forward he only walks - thats a bit **** tbh - not sure how it will work in MP - having to hold a button to move at anything other than a snails pace could become awkward and a pain in the arse.
          I dont know why its like this, seems a bit odd.

Comment

Originally posted by YOUWIN View Post
            another thing - this is annoying me - to run you have to hold down A - no matter how much you push the left stick forward he only walks - thats a bit **** tbh - not sure how it will work in MP - having to hold a button to move at anything other than a snails pace could become awkward and a pain in the arse.
            Can you customise the controls?

Comment

no dont think so - i had a quick look earlier seems just 2 presets - classic and standard

Comment

Originally posted by YOUWIN View Post

Dont you tap A repeatidly YOUWIN to sprint as Holding A makes him jog..???

Comment

Press a button to run? How positively prehistoric.

Comment

that is abit odd

Comment

Keep "where did you get it from" type posts to the GTA4 headlines thread please

Comment

yeah Ive read press a to run and repeatedly press a to run faster...........is that coprrect?

Also i know its been said but can you say how you managed to get it early?

thanks

Comment

It was the standard for the previous GTA games, the way you run.

Comment

Just booted up the game, watched the intro (was superb), drove, walked around a little and

watched TV

! Just about to get stuck into the meat of the game now.
                            Last edited by ezee ryder; 25-04-2008, 14:36.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmbob View Post
                              Press a button to run? How positively prehistoric.
                              It works the same as bully. hold-run, tap=sprint

And the game is great, managed to squeeze a couple of hours in.
                              The cut scenes are really good, the movement it excellent. the fighting is a wee bit slow, the gfx are great (wait till the sun comes up in the morning).

The missions at the mo, are just tutorials really, as far as i have got, had a cuise about and the seems very nice, loads of roads and stuff everywhere.

You cannot go full tilt in the cars as they bounce about all over the shop and do not stop very quickly (read, the cars are more relistic)

worth every penny

Comment

Working...
                              X