No announcement yet.

Best Ever In-game Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the .hack series is particularly popular on the forum, but it had a really nice soundtrack in places.

Comment

PAYDAY: The Heist has some very atmospheric music. Definitely adds to the game.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
        Playing Grandia at the moment which is a wonderful, charming game with a superb soundtrack to boot. I particularly like this one:
        I love Grandia and especially the OST. I can't help but think the whole think was some kind of strange fluke though as the series declined rapidly and Iwadares music in other games never touched Grandia.

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        I've been listening to the Ridge Racers soundtrack at work the last couple of days. Lots of choons from R4 which just makes it incredible music!
        Indeed R4 had amazing music. Quiet Curves has some brilliant Piano work.
        Originally posted by huxley View Post
        Harry gregson Williams score for Mgs sons of liberty.
        Wasn't most of the music written in house? Didn't Gregson Williams just reprise the opening theme?

Comment

Not the best but I enjoyed

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            I love Grandia and especially the OST. I can't help but think the whole think was some kind of strange fluke though as the series declined rapidly and Iwadares music in other games never touched Grandia.
            I dunno about that. I agree that the original Grandia was the best game in the series, and also had the best soundtrack, but other games had their highlights. Such as this one.

Comment

Been replaying Symphony of the Night recently on the 360 and the music is simply wonderful, Michiru Yamane is a very talented woman.

Comment

BOOM!

Comment

The Midnight Carnival, from Guilty Gear XX

Comment

Diddy Kong Racing.
                    Tomb Raider 2 opening theme.
                    Mario 64 castle theme.
                    Banjo Kazooie opening theme.
                    Mario 64 - the underwater one.
                    Ocarina of Time - most, if not all, of it.
                    Sonic - Green Hill?
                    Blast Corps - mental game, mental fun. I really ****ing miss those days.

We could all go on. I think it's hard to pinpoint a top ten as the sheer nature of the media means we have such strong attachments.

Hub area of Phantasy Star Online. How many hours invested and the music never tired. Perhaps that's the key? There are games I've played where the title screens, loading screens and so on have just pissed me off. Rage at the moment for example. Why the delay and then why such **** music?

Opening bars of Mario 64! Little drum roll and then, "Wow!"

Comment

On a subtle tip, I really do like the "Assassin's Tombs" background music in Assassin's Creed 2. Game is doing my head in, though, but that particular tune is tops.

Comment

Yep Dire Dire Docks is great from Super Mario 64

Original

Remix

Last edited by SUMIRE; 09-07-2012, 19:59.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                          Yep Dire Dire Docks is great from Super Mario 64Original = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1B52TSCl_ARemix = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vtSH...eature=related
                          Yeah Dire Dire Docks is a classic

Here's another classic:R.I.P Dreamcast

Comment

Dire Dire Docks ... excellent pick

Comment

The music in Last Ninja II is amazing.

My fave:

3 minute build up!!!!! Self indulgent or what

Only a 1.30 buildup but ROCKS HARD when it gets going. Some REALLY nice waveforms in use.

Comment

+1 for the Last Ninja

Comment

Working...
                                X