No announcement yet.

Best Ever In-game Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hearing you JazzFunk I remember being under serious pressure in Boulder Alley trying to finish it and listening to that music, thinking the C64 was working hard to belt out that tune heh heh

Comment

Few more

SEGA Rally -Saturn

Revenge Of Shinobi

SOR II

Ghost N Ghouls (MD)

Xennon II

Jaguar XJ220 (Mega CD)

Goldeneye

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
        Chrono Cross was great. All Mitsuda's OST's are good. Did he do Radical Dreamers then?
        It's the same ost near enough, the music used in Radical Dreamers was used in Chrono Cross.

Comment

Streets of Rage
          Shenmue
          Metroid Prime trilogy
          Mario World
          Mario Galaxy
          Ocarina of Time
          Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2
          Shadow of the Colossus

and the best of them all - Tempest 2000

Sure there are loads more but these are the ones that instantly spring to mind,

Comment

It's quite hard to pick and choose good in-game music... but the first game that came to mind when I read "best ever in-game music" has to be Shadow of the Colossus. Just listening to it gives me goosebumps.

Comment

Was just playing God Hand last night and it reminded me how good the music is in that. Really funky guitar that's just perfect for the battles.

With a lot of action games, I often just turn down the music and listen to my own stuff - I would never have the nerve to do that to GH!

Comment

Sonic Team used to be kick-ass at tunes back in the day.

I'd link to youtube but I'm at work... currently remembering the music from nights/xmas nights in particular.

Comment

Those that sping to mind:

Raiden 1 and 2
                  Hellfire
                  Zero Wing
                  Gleylancer
                  Midnight Resistance (1st level)
                  Twinkle Star Sprites
                  Samurai Showdown
                  Alisia Dragoon (1st level)

16 bit chip generated music cannot be equaled by the throw away crap of modern games imo.

Comment

Tetris on the C64 had a haunting tune that suited the game perfectly.

Thunderforce 4 MD Cheesy rock opening credits have to be the best intro to a game ever.

Thunderforce 5 Saturn The music as you approach a boss builds up tension then gets you ready to fight.

Layer Section Saturn Probably the best music ever in a shooter, catchy and well suited to the action.

NiGHTS Saturn The kind of tunes you'll still be whistling umpteen years later. Well I am.

Streets Of Rage 1 and 2 MD Koshiro = FM legend.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                      Tetris on the C64 had a haunting tune that suited the game perfectly.
                      Always liked that one too, recently bumped into the composer (Wally Beban) online as well.

Also I believe, second longest SID tune out there at 25 odd minutes...
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Smash Bros. Brawl.

Did I cheat? ;p Too addled to remember all those C64 musics (by name - they're stuck in the head for eternity), and Smash modernised and orchestra'd a lot of my favourites anyway.

Comment

For me, some that have already been mentioned, and some that have not:

Secret of Mana

Super Turrican (Chris Hulsbeck ftw )

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy VI

Secret of Evermore (some people consider this rubbish, but I find most of the non-ethereal tunes really nice - for those that don't know, the music was composed by a young Jeremy Soule, the same guy responsible for Oblivion's soundtrack)

Final Fantasy IX

Wipeout series (kinda cheating with licensed music though!)

Shadow of the Colossus

All I can think of right now... I had quite a lot of favourites for the C64 I had many years ago, but it's been so long I struggle to remember what games they were for.

Comment

Way of the Exploding Fist and the Sanxion loading music on C64.

Another good old C64 Sid-Tune digital remastered!Enjoy!

The original loading music and images from the Commodore 64 computer game Sanxion. Converted from VHS !
                            Last edited by Mr Ono; 01-05-2008, 20:29.

Comment

Ouendan and Ouendan 2
                              Also, Stafy 3's background music (as well as Kirby Canvas Curse) is pretty good to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
                                Way of the Exploding Fist and the Sanxion loading music on C64.

Another good old C64 Sid-Tune digital remastered!Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VDm1nE5ViI
                                superb call. sanxion. genius. thanx for reminder.

i recommend ico save screen music.

Comment

Working...
                                X