Beyond Good and Evil 2 in development!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a bit spiteful! I want to see the light house in HD! I'll buy it a
    whatever it comes out on , but I want to see a proper next gen version.

Comment

This has really cheered up my day. Brilliant game that deserved a sequel, can't wait.

Comment

Dunno which console I'd opt to see it on. Obviously the 360 for amazo-visuals, but I reckon that Ancel fella understands the Wii well enough to implement some seriously nice control.

Either way....YAY!

Comment

I hope it features Raving Rabbids.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
            I hope it features Raving Rabbids.
            "Rabbids go home" at end of this year.

Comment

awesome news, BG&E is amazing. although didn't they also say Shenmue 3 was in "pre-production" ??

fingers crossed!!

Comment

Haven't there been the same message that it was in pre-production from him before?

Comment

For this to work they need to create a more interesting environment in my opinion. I enjoyed the characters and the storyline in the first, but stopped playing the very second the game told me to scour the area for

ship parts

. I had no desire to travel from one part of that map to the next for no reason other than to locate random items. :/

Comment

Awesome news. was a huge fan of the original when i first saw it at one of the ECTS's, outshone Sands of Time in my eyes.

Can't wait for this.

Comment

Best £12.99 I've ever spent on a game. BG&E and POP:SOT bombed so badly but will go down in history as 2 classic games. I remember it seemed as if as soon as they got their new logo at about the same time they started making awesome games.

Comment

I've, literally, just finished BG&E for the first time and I have to say that as much as I enjoyed it the game was mostly generic in terms of gameplay. Why it should have gained this almost mythical status I just can't understand. It's a fairly basic and linear platformer at heart with a simplistic stealth and combat engine attached.

The best of the Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter or even M.Ancel's own Rayman games make BG&E's gameplay look under-developed. I'd argue that the intergration of the gameplay and storylines in those games are often just as polished too.

I think the people who lauded it were overly seduced by BG&E's presentation, the semi-seriousness of the story and general high production quality. The main character, Jade, is particularly engaging, well written and acted.

I come at this thinking all that is well and good, it is outstanding only because there are so many games where this is not the case. However, when you look at the gameplay dispassionately, the core elements are often mundane and certainly patronisingly easy.

I'd love a sequel, the more quality action/adventures there are the better, but I think if they don't ramp the difficulty up and give it a real sense of danger it'll flop, sales wise, too.

Comment

The original did have a real sense of danger - the danger that one day you might turn it on and your save game would be corrupt, and you'd have to start over from scratch.

I got all the way to the moon (?) section, and when I reloaded the game the two NPC characters had completely vanished from the area. Which was a bit of a problem since they were required to trigger the events that continued the game. They never did come back.. I never played it again. Loved it up to that point though. Cruising around in the boat in such an immersive world was the nicest bit of escapism I'd had in a long time.

Comment

I don't have a problem with easy games, far from it. It's nice to be able to relax and get into the story and characters without worrying about the game punishing you - challenging gameplay isn't a necessity for an engaging gameplay experience in my opinion.

I just think they need to realise the world more if it's going to be an open ended game, or focus it more if they want it to be a linear experience. Mixing one with the other didn't work for me in the first.

Comment

We first posted the news of a sequel to Beyond Good & Evil being in pre-production last night. Since then, though, we've been able to take a good look at the original source of the news, an interview in French magazine JeuxVideo, and glean a few more bits of info from it. Firstly, the interview wasn't just with…

Comment

Yes, I've been at Gamefaqs looking for the answer to the one puzzle I couldn't solve and read others have reported similar problems about Pey'j and HH just disappearing. That means you can't operate the elevator platforms on the moon. Other people report HH disappearing in the Slaughterhouse too.

Whilst we're at it what about the ridiculous size of the game files. On the PS2 if you fill all 5 save slots it is over 2MB, a quarter of a standard memory card and no delete file option either.

Comment

Working...
                                X