Beyond Good and Evil 2 in development!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond Good and Evil 2 in development!

But it's true: Beyond Good & Evil creator Michel Ancel has told French magazine JeuxVideo that work on a sequel to one of the past decade's most underappreciated titles is underway. And not just underway, but it's been underway for around a year now, with 10-12 staff toiling away on pre-production duties. Good news, yes? Well, sit back down, Mr Bernard Excitey-Pants, because there's a catch: Ubisoft have yet to green-light the project and kick it up into full production.
    great news
    Ubisoft better allow this game to get the attention it deserves, I imagine a sequel would do quite well if advertised properly, over the years BG&E has made more and more fans.

Yes, great news! I've been dying for news of a sequel after the decent cliffhanger ending. Carson & Peters! to the rescue.

Comment

Good news but remember that pre-production in videogames is little different than in movies and it may well get kicked around the place for years without ever leaving pre-production. Getting a publisher to agree to any project is hard but a sequel to a game that sold practically nothing is a big ask.

Comment

I know that Ancel is working on at least single Wii game together with Ubisoft Montpellier (which made BG&E too). I guessed that it would probably be Rayman 4, but this is other likely candidate. We will see.

Comment

It's good to see another coming. But anything made by Ubisoft seems to have bugs galore when it's released nowadays. They just get it out the door as a mess, and then try to fix it with patches.

Hopefully this wont follow suit.

Comment

Nice one this me an excuse to finish off the first one!!

Comment

Ubisoft. If you are reading this. I'll buy it!

Comment

Any idea what format this would most likely come to?

Comment

I expect wii.
                  However I'd prefer a Xbox 360 version myself

DS Version = no thanks

Comment

Now that's some news to make me happy... green light it you idiots
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Great news. While I think the actual BG&E game was nothing special in terms of the actual mechanics, the art design, story and atmosphere was absolutely first rate. Ubisoft, you muppets, green light this project NOW (360 and PS3 versions please).

Comment

not bad at all !! I loved playing the 1st game, I loved the style and atmosphere of the 1st game !

Comment

I loved the first game so much that I would happily go and preorder a stupidly overpriced special edition that comes with an art book that turns out to be a skinny brochure. I'd happily preorder it right this second even If it was 200 quid

Comment

This news has made my day. The first game was chock full of great game modes, wit and visual style.

360 version, please.

Comment

I wish Wii version, if only to hear the typical complaints from everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X