Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    15 credits. That should see you through about 3-4 of the 10 levels
    You're actually spot on, I was playing in Justice Mode.

I don't know if that's in the Wii version but Justice Mode was where you used two credits, used both guns and counted towards one set of lives and one score.

Have you set off one of those satellite lasers yet? You have these weird blue things sometimes zipping along the screen and if you manage to shoot it down, you get a screen-wiping attack which calls in a satellite laser so precise it can fire a huge, huge blue beam and strike down each individual enemy perfectly.

It makes me giggle.

There are about 3, 4 human enemies infront of you that you need help in killing. What do you do?

You call in a giant laser from space, that'll do it!
    Last edited by Silvergun X; 19-05-2008, 14:11.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole View Post
      I think some reviews have been kind giving the game 30-40% as it is by far the worst thing i have played since Crusin USA on the N64.
      Ironic you should say that, given the fact Eugene "Robotron" Jarvis had a hand in both games.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
        Ironic you should say that, given the fact Eugene "Robotron" Jarvis had a hand in both games.
        Exactly.

He's the guy behind Raw Thrills, who are exactly the same people as the old Atari that did California Speed, Cruis'n USA, etc.

The thing is, I WOULD actually recommend this title, and the reason for this is its absurdity. It's almost surreal.

Not in the setting or the gameplay, just in the... whole thing, really. It's so abysmally bad, so incredibly badly designed, so horrible looking. But it's like the developers actually KNEW that, or even went out of their way for it to be a bad game almost.

We have high definition arcade games now, digitised sprites in shooters were rubbish even in the 90's and here they decide to use them. In 2008.

Arcade hardware has moved on, what the hell are games still looking and playing like this for! It's so incredibly hard to believe a game like this exists at all, let alone got a home port on the Wii. And that is why I would recommend everybody go out and buy this.

It's so incredibly, mindbogglingly awful that I want to see it reach #1 in sales charts. Get to it.
        Last edited by Silvergun X; 19-05-2008, 14:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
          About the reloading. It registers better if you point the zapper either up or down.

Point left or right and it still thinks you're pointing at the screen for some reason.
          I'll try that thanks. I noticed that to the right was almost impossible to reload and to the left I was only reloading 4/5 times with the other attempt involving me lamely firing at stuff without ammo in frustration.

What engine have they used for this? i.e. is this emulated from the arcade version? It doesn't seem "optimised" for the Wii heheh. And does the arcade actually have a PS1 inside it?

Comment

Oh and I see a few people have played this. Was everyone too embarrased to start a First Play?

Comment

I'm going to buy this and Cruis'n when they drop in price. They will be glorious cornerstones of my collection.

Comment

The Raw Thrills games tend to run on PC based hardware. I know this for sure as we also have a Fast And The Furious arcade cab here that crashed up with an oldschool windows error box.

I'm going to buy this and Cruis'n when they drop in price. They will be glorious cornerstones of my collection.
                Good man.

Also, taken from a Gamasutra interview with Eugene himself.

What architecture are you using?
                EJ: We use PCs, mostly. The PC is just such a powerful machine, especially with today's graphics cards. We also have some custom ports to drive the IO, like the force feedback steering, to manage the lean of the motorcycle. We have some custom boards for that sort of thing. For graphics, though, you really can't beat a state-of-the-art PC system.
                It really, really makes me laugh that he thinks the games he's making are state of the art!

Do graphics actually matter in arcade games now? It may matter from the operator's side, but does it matter from the player's side?
                EJ: Oh, absolutely. In video games, if it's about gameplay, it's about graphics. One without the other is going to be a failure. If you have the best graphics in the world but no gameplay, it's going to fail. If you have the best gameplay but everything is a square box, nobody is going to play it. It's a marriage of the two. You try to do the best you can within your budget to make the game look as good as you can. It's hard to have the same graphic quality of a $30 million game.
                So budgets are actually going up still?
                EJ: Absolutely. The problem is that there is no market for a low budget game. You can make one, but people will just laugh at it. They won't play it.
                Infact, i'm just going to link you straight to it.
                Last edited by Silvergun X; 19-05-2008, 15:21.

Comment

I?ve just watched a three and half minute video on you tube and I?ve not laughed so much in ages it looks so bad but good.
                  I?ll see how bad/good it is for myself when my copy from VG+ turns up that I?ve just ordered.

Comment

What have I done???

I'll be giving mine on to the next hapless goon when the review is done. Which happens to be Sean, who begged me for it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      I'll be giving mine on to the next hapless goon when the review is done. Which happens to be Sean, who begged me for it.
                      What, is Sean so broke that he has been forced to beg for games? Or perhaps he intimidated you? Yeah, it could be possible... Seany is one scary looking dude.

Comment

He loves ****e games as much as the next man and combine it with being a ****e light gun game, it's nirvana.

Comment

It is true. I love light gun games, easily my favourite genre. And yes, I did beg Charlo for this, I am not ashamed to say.

Comment

Gah. Just played this through right to the end of the 9th level and used my last of 50 credits in the closing stages Oh well, have 60 now, so should unlock the 10th level on my next run through.

Now that I've got to grips with the terrible control lag, this is totally awesome. I'm sitting here shouting "die die" etc and making grimace faces at the screen. However, the controls still completely kill it. Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post

*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                                Not that expensive! Do you think I'm stoned or something?

Comment

Working...
                                X