Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target: Terror

Beware.

First impressions of this are that it's hilariously bad.

I think it's using a PS1 engine (it's a Wii game). It even has that jolt jolt jolt fade out on the konami logo...

You move through 3D rooms on rails and shoot stuff a la Ghost Squad, but instead of 3D people to shoot, there's Mortal Kombat style digitised sprites....

Which makes it interesting because there's only a few enemy types and they do the same actions wherever they are

If you do feel the urge, make sure you whack the sensitivity up to 5 straight away. I've no idea why they bothered with sensitivities 1-4. Or in fact 5. It could do with 6-10.

It does give you headshot bonus and chain bonuses, if it actually registers that you shot anything in the first place.

You unlock minigames by doing certain things on each level. I've unlocked the first one. Conceptually, it's amazing - Ninjas throw frozen turkeys strapped with dynamite at you. It's rubbish though.

NTSC-uk review coming soon!

errrr, why'd you buy it ?

Comment

VG+ to sent it to me. Reviewing bad games is fun.

Comment

I wait with anticapation for the review.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          VG+ to sent it to me. Reviewing bad games is fun.
          excused then, world of difference laughing at free crap as opposed to wasting hard earned on it.

Comment

This sounds amazing.

Comment

Cool, Bozon over at IGN was commentin at how awesome this game is. His sentiments seem to echo yours. It's awesome! Do NOT buy it!

Comment

We actually have a Target: Terror cabinet at Walton Pier, nicked the engineer's keys and bashed out 15 credits for myself.

It IS bad, but it's bad in a good, fun way.

I enjoyed it, but I enjoyed it because it's so stupidly awful.

Comment

This sounds like the kinda 'B' game I love! The description makes it sound like Lethal Enforcers!! I would totally snap this up for a budget price!

Comment

It's a Raw Thrills arcade game, it has more to do with old-school Atari (read: Cruis'n USA) than Konami.

If you're into them / the old Atari arcade games, this'll be one of those B games you'll love.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                      We actually have a Target: Terror cabinet at Walton Pier, nicked the engineer's keys and bashed out 15 credits for myself.

It IS bad, but it's bad in a good, fun way.

I enjoyed it, but I enjoyed it because it's so stupidly awful.
                      15 credits. That should see you through about 3-4 of the 10 levels

Some of the enemies remove health the instant they arrive on screen and often the game just pauses so you can't shoot them. Even the end of level score breakdown animation stutters and lurches....

You are given 30 credits to start with. Each time you use up all the credits and have to restart, it gives you 10 more the next time. You aren't expected to be able to kill everything on screen for certain.

It's fairly sick, but I've enjoyed this a little bit. That is in no way a recommendation. If the controls actually worked like they do in Ghost Squad, this might a pretty fun to give your trigger finger RSI, but they don't. At first I thought it was the hit detection that was out, but it's the aim lag. I imagine in the arcade, the aiming worked properly and it would have been vaguely fun for a few credits. I'm certain no one would actually put more than a few credits in though.

Comment

I've unlocked more minigames. So far they are all beyond awful. Rock bottom.

I'll let you know once I've plucked up the courage to play through another couple of times to get enough credits to complete the first 9 levels which unlocks a 10th level. I'm sure it will be awesome.

Comment

Oh and I'm absolutely LOVING they way they put an "extra life" powerup to shoot, just before a dozen(*) enemies leap on screen and blow you away. Every time. Ignore all extra lives...

(* Ok, 3 or 4)

Comment

Yeah after seeing the IGN review had to borrow this game.

I fully agree with eveything that has been said about this game. It is worth renting or borrowing
                            just for the sheer laugh factor.

In my opinion the game could have been good, like a Time Crisis for the Wii, but the shocking graphics, frame rate, and general poor design are unforgivable.

To reload you have to shoot off screen which is fine but the tracking of the wii mote is so slow expect to lose a life. Why could they have just not mapped reload to a button? The game also has regular civilans, which you have to avoid shooting, but the graphics are so bad it is very hard to tell who you are shooting at till it is to late.

The shoot outs usually involve you shooting the oponents projectiles to stop them hitting you, shooting an oponents grenade will stop it from going off and damaging you.

When people have said they have seen more technically impressive games on PS i can't disagree.

I think some reviews have been kind giving the game 30-40% as it is by far the worst thing i have played since Crusin USA on the N64.

Comment

About the reloading. It registers better if you point the zapper either up or down.

Point left or right and it still thinks you're pointing at the screen for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X