No announcement yet.

Oddworld Strangers Wrath remake [PSN]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC version? Like Steam? Stranger's Wrath on Steam? Fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      PC version? Like Steam? Stranger's Wrath on Steam? Fantastic.

Yep, the whole oddboxx will be half price on the first day of the steam holiday sale (should start around 5-6pm today).

Comment

It's way overdue, I remember passing on the Oddworld games during last Christmas' Steam sale due to the impending release of the Oddbox. Glad to see it's actually finally coming out.

Comment

Not on Steam yet at all? Thought there would at least be a page mentioning before it's released later today?

Comment

Strangely not. Apparently the package is 50% off for today only, 25% off until January. No idea if the PS3 version is getting any price reduction though. Also, the new HD assets won't be in the launch version, these will be patched in later when the PS3 version is completed.

Comment

Is the PS3 one not out today? I was just gonna get that one since it's got the HD assets now rather than waiting for the PC one to be updated.

Comment

PS3 isn't out until sometime next year. The additional content isn't being included now as it hasn't been completed yet.

Edit,

Strangers wrath is 1.9 gig and Oddysee is 3.8 gig download.
                Last edited by Bort; 20-12-2010, 12:41.

Comment

What a load of horsecrap. Why release the PC version now then and maybe update it later with the HD assets? What a waste.

Wait a month or two until it's all finished on both platforms and have a huge combined release and thats it. Success.

Comment

Perhaps Sony are helping to fund the project?

Comment

Not arguing with £9.99 for the entire package, even if it is only for one day only.

Comment

I'm quite tempted to pick it up on steam cos of that very good price, and to have the choice to play them easily without digging out the discs

Plus Munch's Odyssey on pc is very tempting!

Comment

There's quite a big write up on the PlayStation Blog and it sounds like it's going to be making fairly regular appearances on the Blog over the next few months.

Comment

Just a heads-up on these Steam versions. I bought them when they were released but only just got around to trying out Stranger's Wrath. I seem to have major performance issues with it (hideously low frame rate) and some weird graphical bugs. It looks muck. I went straight over to the Steam support boards, suspecting it's just some graphics card setting and, well, it's not pretty over there.

It seems the port is really shoddy. From the sounds of it, Munch is the same if not worse.

There's someone from the Oddworld folk saying some things are going to be fixed but probably not a good sign that they went out like this to begin with. I'm really hoping they'll get both games working great but, so far, they're looking really disappointing.

Comment

Another head-up on the Steam versions. Stranger's Wrath and Munch have both been patched. Haven't tried Munch but just had a quick go of Stranger's Wrath and it is massively improved. Looks much nicer and very smooth. Only played a bit but what I've seen turns a 'steer clear' into a big recommendation.

Comment

Yeah I played a couple hours of Strangers this morning, it's a huge improvement! Finally.

Comment

Working...
                                X