No announcement yet.

Oddworld Strangers Wrath remake [PSN]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out on the 21st, might be a nice pressie for myself.

Comment

So, this is out tomorrow in Europe - here's Console Arcade's review of it (hint: it's as stonking as it ever was)

Comment

Just bought it for €12.95, a real bargain! Now downloading...

Comment

Couldn't resist seeing as its getting lots of positive press/scores.

Just doing the tutorials at present, and its already making me smile with its quirky humour.

Comment

Broke my recent 'no more re-buying' rule to play this in HD.

Do love this game and remember my first play was during a re: play thread here.

It looks gorgeous and the character models are clearly new, whilst sitting with the rest of the game perfectly - It would be hard to get that right, I imagine. They've chosen the areas to update or clean up really carefully, and it looks well classy. Lovely and smooth too.

I'm at the Water Facility at the mo'. Figured I'd give hard mode a try, and man, it is just that. I'm dying a lot but that's probably because I'm yet to effectively use Stranger's shake-off ability.

Love it. Still feels really original, too.

Comment

Well i downloaded it tonight to give it a whirl and i gotta say its fantastic, the atmosphere and setting feel so original and everything from the graphics to the humour is spot on, only other thing like it is Zeno Clash which may have borrowed a few ideas from Oddworld, hopefully it sells well and other devs take notice of what can be done with an already great title, give me this over tired old COD AAA releases and its ilk any day, lets hope 2012 has more like this, congratulations JAW.

Comment

Loving the Vita version. Just found out you can have Music Unlimited running in the background (offline mode only sadly) so I've been playing this tonight with Scott Walker's Climate of Hunter on. Fabulous! The rear touch punch mechanic continues to mildly irritate but JAW have said that's due to be fixed in January.

Comment

Re: Oddworld Strangers Wrath remake [PSN]

Struggled to take looten duke in alive! So many environmental hazards!

Comment

For anyone who's interested (soz if old news), Munch's Oddysee HD is currently ?5.37 for PS+ users - caved last night and it's clearly an early noughties game but still retains that Oddworld charm n' atmos - I only spent a brief half hour with it but it still plays nicely, if a bit 'floaty' in terms of movement (kinda reminds of Soul Reaver a bit). If anything, it's a good reminder of how solid the original XB was, this doesn't seem to have been upgraded *that* much yet still seems impressive for a game from 2001/2002.

Comment

Working...
                    X