Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has everyone been playing this week?

Haven't had one of these mindless threads recently and it's always good to see what everyone's up to in case it prompts me into picking something up or digging something out.

So here goes.

I've been playing
    Target: Terror (US Wii) - terrifying lightgun game - review written and coming soon.
    Loopop cube salad * thingymagig (JPN DS) - lovely little puzzle game - perfect for when babies are keeping me awake.

I've been playing Rock Band. I can't drum as much as I'd like because they're so very loud, but a silent guitar means I can play still even when it's late!

On handhelds, I'm playing Jeanne D'Arc. I got it by mistake, but it's brilliant.

Nice to see you're still playing Salad

Comment

Painkiller addon Battle out of Hell.

Comment

I'v been playing spiderman 3 on the 360, resident evil 4 on the wii, and fatal fury battle archives on the ps2.
        Just finished the main story on spiderman 3 so doubtful I will bother to do the other stuff. Resident evil 4 is as good as the first day I played it

Comment

Well just got GTA 4 & starting to play consoles again, having an NTSC 360 and recent region lockouts on some great stuff like rock band and gta is a little frustrating.

Its a great game once you get into it, and a much more interesting story than the snoozefest San Andreas...

I did lend Halo 3 from a friend but completed it so easily, I havent the money to buy willy nilly & I am glad I didnt spend anything on this! I have to say, trilogy really went out on a whimper! such a shame. I was bored of the flood by the end of the first game and no suprise they ruin a damn good portion of this too.

Comment

Not had much time this week because of work which is becoming an increasing occurrence, but with the time i've had i've been playing Age of Conan and finally finishing GTA4.

Comment

Just got my ps3, no games yet though so ive been playing Resi 4 ps2 version, Strikers 1945 II ps1 and on the gba Ganbare Goemon 1&2, although ive been wandering around in Goemon rather than playing..

Comment

finally completed the main story on donkey kong king of swing. it really is a fantastic game and you can pick it up for such a low price (got boxed mint jap version for a couple of quid off ebay), it's really another jewel in the gba crown. truly original style of gameplay with more variety then you would imagine when you start playing. i'm still playing, collecting the coins and coconuts to unlock stuff. it's quite difficult in some parts (mostly because i didn't realise until the end that you could stock up on bananas (for lives)). anyway, it's more of a challenging difficulty that you know you can crack with practice. not like deep blue or some **** (seriously, stay away from that game, it is the work of the devil). hope i've not stepped on your upcoming review charles, if it's still in the works

other than that i'm enjoying my slimline ps2. eternally trapped in the gaming past as i am, i'm playing through gta iii for the first time and it's a joy. i am using the weapon unlock cheat so i can get through it quicker though, it's more fun this way (i'm not a massive fan of hard games) and besides, i've got vice city and san andreas to go through after this. i've got a massive hankering for the original, but unfortunately it's at my dad's house with all my other pal crap, so i may have to buy gta collection, which would be sweet. i'm also looking forward to getting the gbc an gba version, since i have great memories of those ports as i've said before, very impressive.

and that's all i have to say about that.

Comment

Onto the second island of Viking, with lashings of Spatial-cuss echoing through every minute of play.

Comment

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for (DS)
                    GTA4 (PS3)
                    Uncharted (PS3)
                    Wii Sport (Wii) (I can't get this out of it I love it)

am just about to start Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Comment

adventure island on the pc engine
                      rez on ps2

Comment

dodonpachi jamma
                        super street fighter 2 X cps2

Comment

I'm having a post Stranger's Wrath lull. Courtesy of Import Tuner Challenge and Phoenix Wright 3.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the phoenix games, but not when I'm at the end of a trial after not touching it for ages. Not a ruddy clue what's going on.

Import Tuner Challange is a funny one. It's kind of boring, yet at the same time I find the blandness part of the attraction. Can't really describe it any better'n that. Think it's the real-world Japan setting...I'm a sucker for that crap.
                          Last edited by crocky-chocky; 29-05-2008, 21:02.

Comment

Import Tuner is great, a mesmeric game that sucks you in and plays better than it sounds. Don't hang around too many dark garages though!

Also finished GUN this week, getting all achievements bar the easy, hard and insane difficulties. Can't be bothered to go through three more times. Unstacked achievements ftl! EDF only gets away with it because it gives you four extra excuses to replay the whole game

Comment

Working my way through GTA, playing a little WoW and some Gradius Collection/R-Types on the PSP when I'm on the go.

Comment

Working...
                              X