No announcement yet.

Civilization Revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't the army nock it to bits? That's what happened to mine. Unfortunately you can't assign troops to protect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
      Didn't the army nock it to bits? That's what happened to mine. Unfortunately you can't assign troops to protect it.
      Perhaps it works on a Rock Paper sissors system. One kind of unit may be good against a certian other type but not others. Previous Civ's have had this principle.

Comment

If catapult works like it does in "real" Civilizations, it does stack damage, meaning that it will do minor damage to all enemies on the same square.

Comment

Can you explain that a bit more please elkatas? I don't quite understand.

Comment

Can you explain that a bit more please elkatas? I don't quite understand.
            Well, in PC Civilizations, there can be multiple units standing on the same square. When catapult / cannon / howitzer attacks, it deals tiny amount of damage to all units in the square, insteading of causing damage on single unit. Typical strategy against big groups of units is to bombard them with catapults, wear units down, and then attack with your normal combat units.
            Last edited by elkatas; 06-06-2008, 20:16.

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice View Post
              Where's the cheapest to order this? shopto is £29.99
              It appears to be £27.99 there now, with 4% to be earnt from Quidco, and probably an earlier delivery than most other places.

Personally I've pre-ordered it for £29.99 from Game online. I added a 99p DVD wrap to my order and used the £3 off £30+ code 'modgamer' and will earn a further 11% through Quidco, and £1.50 in reward card points.

I've gone for the 360 version, but I'm only a silver XBL member and it appears that the Game of the Week download option is only for gold members. I'm wondering if I should switch to the PS3 version instead now to grab them for free. Does anyone know of any other differences between the two versions?
              Last edited by SteJay; 07-06-2008, 14:46.

Comment

I've just pre-ordered from Game as well (with added DVD wrap ).

Anyone had a go on the multiplayer yet? I got too caught up in NGII to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                  I've just pre-ordered from Game as well (with added DVD wrap ).

Anyone had a go on the multiplayer yet? I got too caught up in NGII to try it.
                  Planning to sometime tonight. Names Conk Donk if you see me about.

Comment

I got really bored with this, I had far too many military units wandering round with nothing to do, was randomly picking technologies to research as I couldn't see how it mattered either way. I'd liked to have enjoyed it but didn't know how to.

Comment

I tried the muli-player and it was really fun, rounds are ended nicely, with 60 seconds to finish your turn once the other player ends his go. I especially like the fact that you can work co-op with the other player, then to stab him in the back so to speak.

Comment

Really impressed with this after playing through the demo - grid is getting traded.

Comment

Is the RRP of this ?29.99? shopto are doing it for ?28 and GAME.co.uk are doing it online for ?29.99

Comment

What a great surprise, I didn't think they'd do it but I tip my hat off to fireaxis for making Civ work on a console. The controls are excellent and the interface presents a lot of information without being overwhelming.

Still has that Civ magic and charm. The advisers shoving each other out of the way for screen space - great touch!

Comment

Now the owner of the full game and well on my way for a domination victory as my brother and I battle over who should get more use of the big TV; me with Civ or him with Metal Gear. As much as I like the Metal Gear Solid series, only a Bioware RPG could possibly drag me away from a new Civ game.

There’s not a lot I can say I didn’t go through with in the demo’s impressions. Like the demo the game defiantly maintains that one more turn feel to it. Momentum is pretty fast in the game and with starting positions fairly close together its been a hectic combat heavy game so far. Unlike what I was doing with the demo, being involved with a conflict no longer means waiting them out till they run out of turns or thinking they’re to far away from me to be a threat.

At one point I was at war with three other nations, two of which had cities next to my capital. I stopped taking notice to much of what my cities should be building, concentrating on churning out troops, a tactic that probably wont hold water on harder difficulty levels (playing Warlord to start up with). Strangely enough the two nations furthest away from me are the ones I took out first. To win by domination you only need to take out the capitals not the whole nation though wiping them out does give you less to worry about when going after the big boys.

There are a few complaints. Boats can’t pass through cities that have more than one coastline finding a my first galleon trapped in a fairly small body of water. You aren’t warned if units being built are about to become obsolete which has been able to mess up my plans on a few occasions now. I also haven't found a way of upgrading old units or disbanding them, so still have my 1st warrior knocking about hoping he won't have to defend London against Rifleman.

Other than that though, loving the game, looking forward to endless play throughs and possibilities.

Being that the release date is tomorrow I haven’t tried the Game of the Week feature though the instructions say new games are created every Sunday so will probably wait until then.
                              Last edited by Concrete donkey; 12-06-2008, 15:32.

Comment

Sounds good, very tempted to pick it up (despite swearing that I wouldn't buy another game for a while!). One thing that did bug me in the demo was the inability to use a build-queue, it seems a little odd that you have to keep checking around all of your cities. Any chance that this was sorted for the final release?

Comment

Working...
                                X