Phantasy Star Portable *demo* [JPN PSP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantasy Star Portable *demo* [JPN PSP]

Thanks to Huxley who pointed me to it almost 2 days early.

Initial controls in the field for Saber/Handgun combo: (I have a Japanese PSP)
    Move: Analogue stick
    Attack: Square
    Special attack: Triangle (if available, depends on the weapon)
    Toggle menu: hold X and use the D-pad to select items; weapons are on the right, items on the left.
    Move camera: D-pad
    Centre camera: L button
    Handgun weapon: Hold R, use Square to fire
    First-person handgun targeting: Press Select, then A-stick to aim, Square to fire, B/select to cancel

Pressing Start brings up the menu, which is (from left to right)
    Character info; items; map; community (comrades really); system; save

System options:
    Options; switch to story mode; quit mission; quit game

So far i'm liking it...more after I've played more.

I had a quick look at this, must admit that i could not find my way through the story section to actually got the the action, and got fed up with trying

Presentation is very nice though.

Langley

Comment

I gave it a go. Admittedly I speak as someone who chooses to play PSOBB over PSU, but anyone wanting a PSU with greater offline emphasis that they can take with them on the go won't be disappointed. It's PSU that you can play anywhere, simple as that.

Initially the reduction to 30fps is a bit jarring, given one of the most striking difference with PSU (over PSO) was the increased framerate cap, but it has minimum effect on the gameplay.

Those who cannot read Japanese and are struggling to actually get to play this, it's because you have to configure your team by adding 2 NPC's by pressing Triangle and adding them from there.

Comment

Working...
      X