Mobile Suit Gundam Operation Troy - 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Suit Gundam Operation Troy - 360

I picked up the full game for my NTSC-J 360 after liking the look of the vids and thinking the multiplayer was ok-ish.

I'm not a Gundam fan but I do like big Japanese robots so I have no idea what this is all about. The manual tells me I am a soldier in the One Year War. Which is great I guess?

The game is a 1st/3rd person shooter set in big battlefields. You can enter/exit mobile suits as and when you want and fight either as an infantry man or in a suit.

Everything about this game is absolute garbage. The art is basic and bland, the sound is pretty damn lazy and the game mechanics were obviously designed and implemented by a team that has never done a FPS before.

The aiming is terrible with your crosshair jumping all over the place as you try in vain to target the far off enemies. The weapons feel like pop guns and MS fights quickly degenerate into two suits circle strafing each other hoping that a bazooka shot hits. The controls have been designed by a horrible, wretched person that wishes to inflict their misery upon everyone else.

I'm soldiering on through it to get to the end of least one of the campaigns but it really is a trudge.
Working...
X