This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Try anyregionchanger to downgrade instead.
    Cheers I'll give it a go . The version that I've found is 1.1b should that be up to scratch? Also are there any benifits / downfalls of using it instead of Gecko?

Comment

And another question: presumably I need the Homebrew Channel to launch it - does it go in the apps folder on my sd card?

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
        And another question: presumably I need the Homebrew Channel to launch it - does it go in the apps folder on my sd card?
        I would've thought that too but I've tried several times and when I go into the homebrew channel it can't see it. I can get emulators on there and a quake demo too but no joy with any of the aplications. Anyone got an idea where I may be going wrong ??

Comment

If it is a .wad file you need a wad manager.
          From the read me for v1.3

+————-+
          HOW TO USE:
          +————-+

1. Create a folder called “wad” in the root of a SD card.
          2. Copy all the WAD packages in the folder created in the step 1.
          3. Run the application with any method to load homebrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
            I would've thought that too but I've tried several times and when I go into the homebrew channel it can't see it. I can get emulators on there and a quake demo too but no joy with any of the aplications. Anyone got an idea where I may be going wrong ??
            Well, anyregionchanger didn't work for me when I tried downgrading this afternoon - but I did manage to get it running from the Homebrew Channel.

Create a subdirectory (e.g. "any region changer") in the \apps directory of your SD card, and extract the files there. Then rename the .dol file (e.g. "anyregionchanger.dol") to "boot.dol": this makes the Homebrew Channel recognise it. After that, good luck. As I say, it hasn't worked for me, and kept throwing up errors; but fortunately it didn't brick my Wii and I'm still on 3.4E.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
              If it is a .wad file you need a wad manager.
              From the read me for v1.3

+————-+
              HOW TO USE:
              +————-+

1. Create a folder called “wad” in the root of a SD card.
              2. Copy all the WAD packages in the folder created in the step 1.
              3. Run the application with any method to load homebrew.
              I'm afraid I've really not got a clue what type of file it is but I have got it working now .

Comment

Well, anyregionchanger didn't work for me when I tried downgrading this afternoon - but I did manage to get it running from the Homebrew Channel.

Create a subdirectory (e.g. "any region changer") in the \apps directory of your SD card, and extract the files there. Then rename the .dol file (e.g. "anyregionchanger.dol") to "boot.dol": this makes the Homebrew Channel recognise it. After that, good luck. As I say, it hasn't worked for me, and kept throwing up errors; but fortunately it didn't brick my Wii and I'm still on 3.4E.
                Sorted . As with yourself it hasn't changed my Wii back to 3.2 but it does now offer me the option of region switching

Comment

As I say, it hasn't worked for me, and kept throwing up errors; but fortunately it didn't brick my Wii and I'm still on 3.4E.
                  I just followed this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUiHK...eature=related and my Wii is now set back at 3.2U .

Comment

Ooh, ta. I'll have a look.

Comment

Ooh, ta. I'll have a look.
                      Beware. Whilst that app / tutorial does indeed allow you to set your Wii back to 3.2 (or one of the many versions that it has on it) I then fell foul of something on the anyregion changer. I wanted to try it out with a PAL GC Mario Kart, so set the game region to Europe and it didn't work, I then set the Video signal to Europe too and whilst it then loaded the game all I got was sound and no image, in fact I now have no image at all and can't even see the homebrew channel to go into it and swap it back !! I'm using a component cable into my amp and then HDMI to my telly, hopefully plugging in a composite at lunch time will let me see things again but if not I'm knackered .

Has anyone else had this and if so how the flip do you get it sorted???
                      Last edited by Womble9; 24-02-2009, 09:18. Reason: Added plea for help!!

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
                        Beware. Whilst that app / tutorial does indeed allow you to set your Wii back to 3.2 (or one of the many versions that it has on it) I then fell foul of something on the anyregion changer. I wanted to try it out with a PAL GC Mario Kart, so set the game region to Europe and it didn't work, I then set the Video signal to Europe too and whilst it then loaded the game all I got was sound and no image, in fact I now have no image at all and can't even see the homebrew channel to go into it and swap it back !! I'm using a component cable into my amp and then HDMI to my telly, hopefully plugging in a composite at lunch time will let me see things again but if not I'm knackered .

Has anyone else had this and if so how the flip do you get it sorted???
                        Phew, plugged a composite cable into it and it displays just fine (well actually it's rather cack but you get what I mean!!) Figured I'd add this just in case anyone else does the same.

Comment

I'm having trouble loading Tatsunoko vs Capcom on Gecko OS 1.07. Everytime I go to load the game it causes the screen to turn red. No amount of fiddling seems to get around this. Any tips at all? I'm using a PAL Wii with an RGB connection. Thanks.

Comment

I believe there's actually a specially patched version of Gecko for Tatsuunoko Vs. Capcom.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                              I believe there's actually a specially patched version of Gecko for Tatsuunoko Vs. Capcom.
                              That would be nice but I can't seem to find anything for that on the interwebs.

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
                                I'm having trouble loading Tatsunoko vs Capcom on Gecko OS 1.07. Everytime I go to load the game it causes the screen to turn red. No amount of fiddling seems to get around this. Any tips at all? I'm using a PAL Wii with an RGB connection. Thanks.
                                You're gonna have to force 50hz in the GeckOS settings, as a friend was having the same problem. The other options are to use a composite cable or a HD cable.

Comment

Working...
                                X